My rather sad and meagre output for the year

Mike in Aotearoa

This is all I've managed to complete this year, and really can't see anything else being completed so here goes...

The Revell Rafale, finished as a WHIF RNZAF one...

RAFALE_FINISH.jpg

Italeri S-3 Viking

FIN_S3-002b.jpg

Academy1/72 Thunderjet (not quite finished but we'll call it finished anyway...)

f84.jpg

• Like 1

Mike

Nice builds!! :thumbsup:

The RNZAF Rafale is ingenious, what inspired your choice of camouflage?

Is it 75 or 14 squadron? Based at Ohakea?

Good one :speak_cool:

Alan

G'day Alan

The camo' was filched from one of the articles on ARC, with a few adjustments - mainly to suit whatever pain I had to hand!

The decals are Gekko Graphics, although I did swap some of the serial numbers around so they aren't exactly the same as those for a Scooter. And yes, it's 75Sqn markings, theoretically based out of Ohakea.

Cheers from NZ

Mike

Hiya Mike - nice whif with the Rafale, you Kiwis would need to rechristen it the "Awha" I guess!! :)

Though personally a Typhoon in RNZAF colours would look rather good....

I like the Viking too - I didn't know they carried rocket pods - makes it look like very pugnacious!

Cheers

Jonners ( who's just confused his Kiwi wife by asking to translate the word gale in to Maori!!)

Edited by Jon Kunac-Tabinor

Hiya Mike - nice whif with the Rafale, you Kiwis would need to rechristen it the "Awha" I guess!! :)

Though personally a Typhoon in RNZAF colours would look rather good....

I like the Viking too - I didn't know they carried rocket pods - makes it look like very pugnacious!

Cheers

Jonners ( who's just confused his Kiwi wife by asking to translate the word gale in to Maori!!)

Hi Jonners

funnily enough, I did consider that name for the aircraft, along with a few other Moari names. In the end I just went with Kahu II.

The Vikings are/were cleared to carry all sorts of weaponry, including smart & dumb bombs, Mavericks, as well as the rocket pods I used. I just wanted it to be a tad different!

Cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...