In Memory of 'Clipper Malay'

BAC

I echo all the above,lovely model,great tribute. I expect you will find many gems in those pictures. I had a similar experience with slides taken in the 60's by my late father.

All the best

Steve

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I couldn't log in earlier but it's now 43 years -and a day!

I've been a bit busy over the last few days to think about this too much. My mum passed away on Friday night so not the best of times at the moment. Still, at least they're together now.

Cheers.

:poppy: :poppy:

Edited by BAC

Like others before me on this thread, my first flight ever was also on a B707 with BEA Airtours, to Varna in Bulgaria. What my Dad was thinking of taking his young family to a communist country, well behind the iron curtain, in 1972 heaven knows!

My first flight too was to Bulgaria, '74 I think on a Balken 154....again, I think !

I was only three, bless ! I can still remember the turbulence though !!!

Congratulations on building a very fine model of your Dad's aeroplane. It must have been a poignant moment when you added the right-hand seat to the cockpit assembly.

I have been enjoying the recent TV series "Pan-Am" and your model captures the nostalgia of that period in aviation beautifully. Your model is much more than just a piece of nostalgia though, it's a fitting tribute.

Blue Monday.

That model is gorgeous! What a fitting tribute to your father, and all those who were lost.

I have a 707-320B about 50% complete. We had the same thinking on handling the upper wing half to fuselage join, I see, because that's how I did mine.

Andy

Your father and mother are both very proud of you. You chose a most memorable way to honor your Dad, and it's obvious how much love went into your building of the Clipper Malay. Now that your parents are back together again, I'm sure your Dad is giving your Mom an inside tour of the Clipper. Godspeed to both of them!

Respectfully,

Bill

Well done that man. There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said in preceeding post's. A very moving story.

exbrat

Thank you for sharing a deeply moving story and an excellent model. My thoughts are with you as are those of all the others who've read this, I'm sure.

• 11 months later...