DISASTER

XH668

Hi

Just gone out to the workshop and seen a small piece of the wing broken off and missing :(

I think next doors cat has got up on the bench as hes left me a few other things.

Im going to go have another look for it but if i cant find it i dont know what to do.

Im not sure if i can remake a new one so do airfix keep a batch of spare parts? or does anyone have a b(I)8 left wing?

:(:(

Cheers

if you get in contact with airfix giving the kit and part no's they should be able to replace

you can email them and ask on their website

incidentaly did you see it in the news where a cat was pinching all the small cuddly toys in it's area and taking them home ..

i wonder if there's one near you with a bedfull of airfix parts ????

That's crappy news... what other things did it leave you? :unsure:

Cats are great... they see something on your desk & want to play with it. I had to stop Piglet (a cat, not a pig) from batting one of my Sandisk memory cards off the desk the other day bless 'im. Fortunately, they seldom get in my workshop, and as the bench is fairly high, Pig can't jump that far, and Mai doesn't bother. :)

Hope you get your model sorted :)

I managed to break the corner of one of the top wings on my B (I) 8 as the trailing edges are really thin.

I lost the part and ended up doing a repair job that worked well. I cut the broken area into a square and cut a square piece of plasticard to shape, glued it in place and trimmed and sanded it flush once the gule had set.

CanberraGB030.jpg

I suppose it depends how much has broken off and how much of a rush you are to get one. I'm sure Airfix would send you a new wing if you email them.

Hi

Just gone out to the workshop and seen a small piece of the wing broken off and missing :(

I think next doors cat has got up on the bench as hes left me a few other things.

Im going to go have another look for it...

:(:(

Cheers

If you find him, shoot the cat!!! :devil:

• 2 weeks later...