well i'm on a roll tornado f3

well iv'e made a start on the gr1 and have received the airfix 1/48 f3 yipppeeeeeee !!! it is a better fit tham my last one ( it's still a clogg out though ) but 100 % on my last one i got in the frontline fighters set think the person who baught that one took one look and put it straight on ebay ........

3094599917_ef323852cf.jpg

3095438328_65469efc00.jpg

Edited by tornado64

the difrence between this revell 1/72 kit and airfixes 1/48 are worlds appart my painting is atrocious at the moment due to doing in the evening in a large room with 60 watt bulb tommorow i buy a 100 watt and maybe start using my magnifier with daylight bulb

don't do 1/72 as a rule but i can feel more comming on after this wonderful kit

tomorow i go to air and space museum and buy some modelling supplies ( bumper pack of filler and ream of sandpaper ) especialy for the 1/48 f3

3098187231_613e2cf33e.jpg

well i'm on a roll again with the geerman paint now on may have a play at duct taping the airfix together tonight

building the geerman as i saw it displayed as a ground exhibit at the 1999 riat ( i think it was 1999 anyway )

3111375066_48db6b52b8_b.jpg

Edited by tornado64

Wow that's eye-catching! Good luck with it mate.

it looked absolutely ace stood next to it photo's and models of it are nice but don't quite capture how nice it was on that blazing hot day ( good photo's just weren't an option in that sunlight on that day ) came off the airfield with megga sunburn ..

Well the 1/72 ids is nearing completion with just the decaling and detail painting to finnish .

The air bitch f3 is underway in a small fashion with a modified rso , decaffinated to make him look out to the left and making it look like he's giving the thumbs up .

The air intake doors have been opened up and am making the doors out of plasticard.

Checked fuselage halves fit and compared to my previous airfix tonkas they fit together a joy so hopefully not too much filler

3115459573_5a2093770d_b.jpg

Looking GREAT !!!

How do you get the decals on this one...I mean the stars all over...is it gonna be a random thing or is there uniformity to it after all...

Houtson :photo:

not checked against real thing yet but decals look correct but in 1/72 scale they have done as large slabs with huge panels of clear film

applied with decalfix on gloss paint not a trace of bubbles but they appeared once dry as i thaught they would but i am ultimately building it for refrence to build it in 1/48 or 1/32 with hand painted markings ..

just checked with photo of real aircraft and yes the stars do tally and in correct places must have been a major headache for decal maker

Hello tornado64 ,thank you for clearing up that....I am a stickler for having everything just PERFECT...

thank you for that... I guess you would have to have uniformity otherwise it looks ' dishevelled'

and ungainly.... Thank you.. :pilot:

Houston....... :cowboy:

Hello tornado64 ,thank you for clearing up that....I am a stickler for having everything just PERFECT...

thank you for that... I guess you would have to have uniformity otherwise it looks ' dishevelled'

and ungainly.... Thank you.. :pilot:

Houston....... :cowboy:

no prob's fella..

Good work on the Boelcke chap, looking very nice :thumbsup2:

I also got to see the beast in the flesh that year at RIAT, one of several nice looking schemes that year, what with it being the 50th anniversary of NATO that year.

Good times :D

Good work on the Boelcke chap, looking very nice :thumbsup2:

I also got to see the beast in the flesh that year at RIAT, one of several nice looking schemes that year, what with it being the 50th anniversary of NATO that year.

Good times :D

yeah got a few nice shots that year of tonka tails also a very nice f16 nato aniversary tail think it was on a dutch plane lost a film from that year that included the stealth fighter in the air appache and b52 flypast ...gutted

well that's one done revell 1/72 tornado ids " spirit of boelcke " the decals were a nightmare because mostly clear film ( so there's a couple of areas i don't like ) but such is , i did everything to avoid other than that an enjoyable kit will be making again in other raf versions and italian/german versions too

3118072096_dbf1f44860_b.jpg