HMS Ark Royal

BAC

This is the old Airfix one I did a few years back. I didn't do too much to the basic ship kit, but I decided to do a bit of extra detailing to the aircraft.

There are twice the amount of aircraft on this build as you usually get because I robbed a set off another kit I built years ago. All the planes are handpainted (no decals) and although you can't really see it each Swordfish had eight wing struts added.

242538577.jpg

242538585.jpg

Cheers

Thanks Mike.

BTW I meant to mention that all the props were made of stretched sprue. -3 blades per plane and 24 planes, it took ages!

That bloke's a natter! :wacko:

That's some dedication... I remember those things being tiny even to my youthful hands (at the time)... :coolio:

• 2 weeks later...

Those aircraft look excellent, just put some interwing struts on some Japanese cruiser-borne aircraft. Never try this at home if you have a hangover, one inadvertent twitch of the hand spells ruin ! :analintruder:

• 3 months later...
Thanks Mike.

BTW I meant to mention that all the props were made of stretched sprue. -3 blades per plane and 24 planes, it took ages!

The White Ensign PE fret has props, undercart and struts with rigging for the Swordfish. Still trying to work out if they can be removed without damage and/or warping into another dimension in the process!

peebeep