Revell 1/72nd Tornado GR.1 OOB

Ah well, after being shamed into showing at least some progress by Merv's post, here are some shots of the cockpit. The photography sucks (I need to work on the macro stuff), and my shaky hands are still remembering how to do this. But it's progress :). Be gentle please.

It's not all glued yet, and yes, I have a lot of cleanup to do - I may re-do the photos later so you can actually see stuff. Seats are being done, and I have yet to install a couple of little bits:

cockpit1.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

cockpit3.jpg

Edited by John Laidlaw

Nice start for an OOB pit John, one tip with the camera is to increase the F. stop to give a better depth of field (get more in focus), I would try F.8 or F.10 to start with, the only trouble is as you increase your F. stop you decrease shutter speeds so either up your iso speed or get plenty of light on the subject, failing that a tripod will help.

HTH!!,

JB.

Thanks so much for the kind words folks :thumbsup:

John: I'll give that a try today - I think I was silly relying on the close-up programme on the D40 :doh:. I'll do some more work today and see if I can get some better shots.

Edited by John Laidlaw

Nice start John

Thanks Sean!

A little more work done...

Oh, how I laughed when I discovered the instrument panel decals. Ah well... :shrug:

I've decided to do the 17 Sqdn scheme. Wish me luck with the airbrush!

Anyway, got the rest of the bits done, tidied up some stuff, gave it a good seeing to with Phil Flory's Promodeller's Wash, then stuck it all together. Although it's still messy, it's getting there. A good clean- and touch-up and I'm ready to stick a fork in it and call it done. My photography will get better, I promise :pray:. At this rate, I may actually be able to beat the group build deadline.

cockpit4.jpg

cockpit5.jpg

cockpit6.jpg

Looking good John :)

I did the same thing with the IP decals :lol: Though I probably would have painnted the details on anyways, looks more real that way.

keep up the good work :thumbsup2:

Thanks Seamus :).

Well, truth be told, if you hadn't painted your IPs so well, I probably would have looked at the instructions a little more closely :D. But I completely agree - it looks a lot more realistic.

You too mate! How many more are you going to do for the group build? :whistle:

Well, the work week beckons - hopefully I can get some stuff done in the evenings, but we've got a rather large amount of the solid phase of that pesky dihydrogen oxide forecasted for this week, so I may be shovelling a lot. At least I'll get photos of that...

Edited by John Laidlaw