My Telic Bird!

Hi all. a couple of the bang seats for my 1/32 beastie mainly to prove Im actually doing something!.

These are the Flightpath seats made up of white metal and PE and to be honest they were a complete nightmare.

My Photography isnt exactly brilliant and doesnt really show these off to to their best, but the work was worth the end result!

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

One thing the photos have done is highlighted the flaws in my painting :confused:

• 1 month later...

Ok, Now work has eased a little I can get re stuck in.

Been doing the cockpit which Is a complete beastie to do but the hard work is really worth it, well, at least you lot can be the judge of that.

I have taken a lot from Al's thread as he is doing virtually the same build with the flightpath kit and all.

The main difference is that Ive left out the bulkhead between the front and rear seat area as per the GR1 phots in the pinned threads giving this result.

DSC_0024.jpg

I have also fed the wires through the two small holes at the rear of the display platforms and tucked them underneath which keep them ou the way nicely.

DSC_0021.jpg

Cheating again I covered the floor with 1200 grade black emery paper to replicate the black grip surface in the GR4.

DSC_0020.jpg

The panels and cockpit have been painted with a mixture of Humbrol enamels and Citadel (games workshop) acrylics which are superb paints.

Furthermore Citadel produce a set of different coloured washes. I used Badab black to wash the panels and cockpit sides in an effort to pick out the detail.

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

Then I loosely popped the seats in for a preview of whats the Flightpath builds into.

Remainder of the cockpit and stuff next!

• Like 1

Flippin 'eck, that tub looks right good, and the seats are fantastic!

Definetly looking forward to more of this build.

Shame work's always got to get in the way of a good project, wanted to kick mine on a bit tonight but I'm done in!!

:hypnotised:

Eng

Good work Pharty, I like the cabling solution, much neater and won't foul the seat in front. Using the Paragon seats, there's actually an interference with the rear of the Nav's electronics boxes which is a bit of a blow.

Good to see you're hacking along with this one! At my snail's pace i probably won't be finished in time :crying:

The cockpit halves are now together and seats in place. In a slight amendment, I have cut the middle bulkhead in half and used the cross member for a bit of strength and stability for the (quite heavy) equipment platform.

Ill put a coyuple of shots up shortly.

Ive also started the Paragon flaps and slats but made a bit of a hash a I havnt thinned the leading edge plastics by near enough, leaving a few small gaps to be treated.

Ah well.

Next question, Ive got the a Tiald pod from AL. Many thanks, Now can anyone (spike) give me a clue as to what station this would be pinned to for use with 2x paveways and wether this would be a genuine loadout during op Telic.

The cockpit halves are now together and seats in place. In a slight amendment, I have cut the middle bulkhead in half and used the cross member for a bit of strength and stability for the (quite heavy) equipment platform.

Ill put a coyuple of shots up shortly.

Ive also started the Paragon flaps and slats but made a bit of a hash a I havnt thinned the leading edge plastics by near enough, leaving a few small gaps to be treated.

Ah well.

Next question, Ive got the a Tiald pod from AL. Many thanks, Now can anyone (spike) give me a clue as to what station this would be pinned to for use with 2x paveways and wether this would be a genuine loadout during op Telic.

TIALD port,LGB's center & Starboard,

Some TELIC photo's;

Merv

56247e23889026.gif

d5f4c923889031.gif

84f9cb23889036.gif

856f3123889045.gif

b6014423889050.gif

Cheers bud. Think that answers me questions more than admirably!

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

Here are the said (sad) photos. Enough of the cockpit for the moment. on with the back end.

edited for my stoopidity (photos)

Edited by Phartycr0c

Somebody please shoot me! I appear to have suffered a rather large Brain fart.

Believe it or not im a suffering greatly at the hands of the Paragon flap set despite careful cutting to the dimensions and mocking up with tape etc.

It all stems around the actual flaps which are supplied as a one piece deal. However attempting to fit them as such results in the resin flexing quite badly, AND the pivot points dont line up quite right. ANYHOO.

Looking at all the builds around on Tinternet, the flaps appear to have been fitted as one peice without apparent problems. YET, all the photos I have of Tonkas with the flaps extended definately show daylight between the four flap sections so I have elected to fit the flaps as four seperate units with the daylight in between.

Ill try and put shome phots to illustrate shortly, but pray tell has anyone else suffered similarly or am I a complete donkey destined for the knackers yard?

Edited by Phartycr0c

Somebody please shoot me! I appear to have suffered a rather large Brain fart.

Believe it or not im a suffering greatly at the hands of the Paragon flap set despite careful cutting to the dimensions and mocking up with tape etc.

It all stems around the actual flaps which are supplied as a one piece deal. However attempting to fit them as such results in the resin flexing quite badly, AND the pivot points dont line up quite right. ANYHOO.

Looking at all the builds around on Tinternet, the flaps appear to have been fitted as one peice without apparent problems. YET, all the photos I have of Tonkas with the flaps extended definately show daylight between the four flap sections so I have elected to fit the flaps as four seperate units with the daylight in between.

Ill try and put shome phots to illustrate shortly, but pray tell has anyone else suffered similarly or am I a complete donkey destined for the knackers yard?

Mate i built mine by separating all the pieces. You will find it's more fiddly, but much better in the long run.

And yes, the pivot points don't quite line up. It may be a difference in the moulds or whatever, but i know exactly where you're coming from.

Al

Hi Pharty,

No you are far from a donkey! I had big problems with the flaps as well. I have completed one wing on my TELIC bird, fitted the flap as one piece, then re-fitted it after it was standing proud of the wing (not the case on real Tornados). I had to remove and tidy up the four resin inserts, and as they were now misshapen, I ended up replacing them with white plasticard. I will put up pictures of the completed wing soon (tonight before the pub hopefully), so you will be able to see what I mean. You should have daylight between a) the main part of the flap and the secondary flaps (what I call the 'resin inserts'), and B) between the secondary flaps and the rest of the wing. I hope that helps. For the other wing, I will probably do what Al suggests, and cut the flap up before fixing it on. Bloody wings! :rant: They should look great on the finished model though!

Cheers

James

Edited by James G

Thanks James, I think iv'e got fresh air in the right places as I HAD to go down the cut and seperate line. The thing im really not sure about is the alignment as despite referring to tons of photos, They covered all sorts of different angles and included all angles of flap deployment so basically, I did my best.

Im hoping they will look a little better with paint on em. Just got to add the remaining screw jacks as my eyes gave out last night!.

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

Again scuse the photos.

Edited by Phartycr0c