Revell Harrier GR7/9 (1/48)

spike7451

Thanks chaps,Warris big ty for the pics.

Unfortunatly buying a/market stuff at the mo is'nt an option,I

Unfortunatly buying a/market stuff at the mo is'nt an option,I got laid-off on 26th November.

Merv

Unfortunatly buying a/market stuff at the mo is'nt an option,I got laid-off on 26th November.

Merv

Sorry to hear that mate

I took a tape measure round one of the pods if you want to have a go at scratchbuilding one, with photos from all angles etc, they are just rough sketches at the min so will get to work making look readable.

Al

Al, would I be right in thinking that in flight the glass on both those pods rotates to point anywhere but at the belly of the a/c as they are doing in the pic?

The DJRP stays pointing to the belly to stop FOD hitting it, the Sniper get turned on during startup.

199.jpg

336.jpg

198.jpg

Al

Merv

Hay mate,

sorry to hear your bad news. hang in thetre somthing 'll crop up I'm sure.

Cheers Pete

Is that pylon the same used for TIALD?

The pylon is the same, when the Sniper pod is U/S they use tiald but the adaptor stays with the pod

676.jpg

677.jpg

Al

I'll do drawings of both if you have measurements...

Will do once my box turns up from the desert i'll get them to you.

Al

Good luck with Siemens, Merv. They're supposed to be a good company to work for. Having said that, in case there are any concerns you want to bring up at interview, my Siemens kettle did go wrong after a couple of years for no apparent reason... ;-).

Thanks, Al - I'll sharpen my CAD crosshairs.

There's a photo in the new issue of AFM of a GR9 at Kandahar in October carrying a Sniper pod as depicted above and a TERMA pod on the starboard fueselage station. Anyone know what a TERMA pod is?

There's a photo in the new issue of AFM of a GR9 at Kandahar in October carrying a Sniper pod as depicted above and a TERMA pod on the starboard fueselage station. Anyone know what a TERMA pod is?

Its fitted on the right strake, its an automatic flare dispensing system only a few a/c fitted with this at the minute.

2058177544.jpg

Al

Muzz,

It's a reconnaissance pod - TERMA wbsite linky

HTH,

Ian

Its fitted on the right strake, its an automatic flare dispensing system only a few a/c fitted with this at the minute.

Al

Typical! Choice of 2 (recce or countermeasures) and I pick the wrong one. Thanks for the clarification Warris. Time for a sneaky edit methinks ....... :wicked:

Ian

2058177544.jpg

Al

Thanks for the photo, Warris! I've been working on this, but funnily enough have never seen the actual pod up close!

For the stores I'm thinking (outer first)

540Lb bomb-Drop-Bol rail-1000Lb-TIALD-LGB-BOL rail-Drop-CRV7(or 540Lb bomb)

I think the TIALD was originally on the centerline pylon?

Reading Comm Ade Orchrds book it sounds like the Harriers flew with a mix of ordanance for the simple reason they did'nt know what the targets were going to be due to the confliction,it could be a underground bunker,a field or a compound.

Warris,any suggestions mate?

Merv

For the stores I'm thinking (outer first)

540Lb bomb-Drop-Bol rail-1000Lb-TIALD-LGB-BOL rail-Drop-CRV7(or 540Lb bomb)

I think the TIALD was originally on the centerline pylon?

Reading Comm Ade Orchrds book it sounds like the Harriers flew with a mix of ordanance for the simple reason they did'nt know what the targets were going to be due to the confliction,it could be a underground bunker,a field or a compound.

Warris,any suggestions mate?

Merv

As far as i'm aware its always been carried on that pylon, the 2 pictures below were taken early 2006, the weapon loads for Herrick started like this according to a mate of mine.

138_3836.jpg

131_3158.jpg

deav11.jpg

Al

Cheers Warris,

Just have to mod the 1000Lb's to fit the 960 fuze.

For the CRV's I'm going to mod some old rocket pods from an old USN Tamiya kit I have knocking around.

Middle pic looks interesting,with a TIALD on one side & ADEN pod on 'tother.

Mmm.........

With the pod centered on the belly it looks like there is about 6 inches of clearance, or less. How the heck to they land these puppies without trashing the pod?

Also, if anyone could post recent pics with operational Harriers and Paveway IVs, I'd be very appreciative.

Gently, thats why they are Harrier pilots :winkgrin:

With the pod centered on the belly it looks like there is about 6 inches of clearance, or less. How the heck to they land these puppies without trashing the pod?

Also, if anyone could post recent pics with operational Harriers and Paveway IVs, I'd be very appreciative.