tyre black

smuts

Revell AquaColor ‘Tar Black’ and ‘Anthracite’, are both good matches for Aeromaster Tire Black.

The ‘Tar Black’ is a wee bit darker, but the ‘Anthracite’ is a very good match.

tire001.jpg

(Revell AquaColor is pretty thick straight out of the pot, but thins quite nicely for airbrushing.)

Mart

tire002.jpg:evil_laugh:

• 5 weeks later...

I use various makes,.....

Xtra-Colour RLM66,Vallejo's Black-Grey,WEM's Tyre Black,Tamiya NATO Black,& so on,& so on.....

Cheers,Baz.

Edited by Bazza

I usually paint them Humbrol black (matt 33) and then add some white (matt 34) and dry brush on and repeat if I think it needs to be a bit lighter, adding a tad more white if needs be. That way you get to the colour you want in the end, and also achieve a nice looking tyre wear effect too. :)

Hiya,talking of Tyres...

a liitle weathering hint.....

Paint as per normal,when dry,concentrate the "muddied bit" round the tyre-rim,BUT leave the OUTER tread as it is,while paint-filling in the inner treads

seeing as the road,keeps it cleaner looking,(judging by MY tyres anyway !!) Hope it helps??

This applies to ANYTHING with Pneumatic tyres...

Cheers Baz.

For aircraft tyres I use an ayrylic flat black with a tiny drop of panzer grey added, usually Lifecolour or citadel, I then add a hint more grey and lightly drybush the tread to make it a little more pronounced.

My personal view with tyres is less is more and not to overdo it, make them as matt as possible - few things spoil a model more than glossy black tyres, and to the same extent overweathering, unless your aircraft has been taking off from a muddy field in Eastern Europe there really isn't any need to overdo it.

I usually paint them Humbrol black (matt 33) and then add some white (matt 34) and dry brush on and repeat if I think it needs to be a bit lighter, adding a tad more white if needs be. That way you get to the colour you want in the end, and also achieve a nice looking tyre wear effect too. :)

:ditto:

• 12 years later...