KUTA!

Rampage55

I began this build at the end of last year for the FAA GB over on ARC. Needless to say I never completed it. Shoved aside since Feb. I kept saying to myself after this project I'll get to it but always managed to find another project to occupy myself with and, well, here we are. I am hoping to get it finished by the deadline and start of the new year with a clean slate.

I know it looks almost finished but there is still quite a few little things that need doing. You know what they say, ten percent of the details take up eighty percent of the time. I have used the Cutting Edge Exterior update set, scratch built some cockpit details, a Squadron Vac canopy and AeroMaster decals.

KUTA_O1.jpg

I also pinched a couple of 1000lbs bombs from my Wyvern kit because I thought that the ones supplied in the kit looked anemic. I have read where the Sea Fury needed RATO to safely take off from a carrier deck with this loadout. In that same artical it mentions a pilot who took off loaded with full tanks and two 1000lbs'rs and the RATO bottles attached but they didn't fire and the pilot was still able to get it airborne but not after a few hair raising moments.

Cheers,

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

There has been some progress made on this pesky Sea Fury of mine.

The kit part, on the right, will be replaced by the part on the left with the addition of the bit on the end.

SeaFury_bld25.jpg

Once the glue dried they were attached and painted.

SeaFury_bld26.jpg

The tail wheel doors were attached,

SeaFury_bld27.jpg

along with the rest of the landing gear doors.

SeaFury_bld28.jpg

The boarding steps have also been attached.

SeaFury_bld29.jpg

There are a few more stencils I need to apply then I'll be ready to seal it all in a clear coat.

With a good tailwind I just may make it by the deadline.

Thanks for looking,

Mark