1/24 scale X-wing

Is it my imagination, or does the break line at the front of the canopy not look right? I thought it continued straight until the lip, and didn't kick up like it shows on your cut. Is there more cutting & gluing to do?

Is it my imagination, or does the break line at the front of the canopy not look right? I thought it continued straight until the lip, and didn't kick up like it shows on your cut. Is there more cutting & gluing to do?

I cut it along the scribe line. Further along the front was too far in front of the interior canopy length, leaving a large gap. No more cutting to do but I do have clean up, a bit of gluing and then more clean up to do.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been so waiting for the Christmas hols and what do I get as an early Christmas pressie?.... you guessed it, a full-on cold - runny eyes and nose, the lot!!! Still, I managed to get some more work on my canopy this past week. Got the lighting installed in the console and the canopy hinged. Now I just need to get the conopy in place permanently, then I can move forwards with this build. (a single 9 voilt battery runs the console lights, some of which are flashing - this will also run the engine lights. Here's some pics...

DSC_2609.jpg

DSC_2600.jpg

DSC_2613.jpg

Progress update. Took some manipulating to join the body halves as there are lots of wires, fiber optics, led's and resistors (3 white led's are controlled by 3 separate self-flashing led's to control them as "on-off switches"). Before joining the body halves I had to secure the wing braces as they wouldn't drop into place when the halves were joined. I'm in the process of seamfiling and sanding now. The wings and engines are almost ready to paint...and still lots of holiday time left... :speak_cool:

initialseamfillingsanding.jpg

R2D2wired.jpg

Christmas eve, 11:32 pm and I'm still working on the kit...waiting for Santa to arrive actually. Been working on painting some of the sub assemblies and lighting the engines...success !!

engines.jpg

engineslit.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...