Revell 1/32 SEA VENOM

dirtball

Hello all. I just got this kit yesterday. Its ok, but needs work ,I imagine. Like it says up top, I`m looking for any AM stuff. Not sure if there is any. I`ve looked and came up empty handed. So I`m asking for your help. Are there at least seats out there to use? How about PE? Thanks in advance.........Harv

Hey Mike,

Here is a link to the AMS website. I don't see any mention of anything for the 1/32 Sea Venom.

Harold's work is top notch though. I have the resin cockpit set for the 1/48 Hobby Boss FJ-4 Fury and it is exceptionally well done. He has lots of other goodies but I too would love some AM for the ole MB Sea Venom kit.

Cheers,

Mark

I was told the seats in the venom where Martin Baker Mk.2FVs.

Martin Baker Mk.2H is available in 1/32 in resin from Aeroclub:

http://www.aeroclub-models.com/p.html?n=0&c=EJ302 (Thanks Pingu)

i used thess from Aeroclub, was the best match I could find. Mine is still work in progress (ie I've still not finished it yet, but be warned it is a tricky little build, certainly getting the twin booms lined up.

heres my build thread from UAMF if it helps

http://gregers.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php...light=sea+venom

Dave

Edited by zero

Hey Mike,

Here is a link to the AMS website. I don't see any mention of anything for the 1/32 Sea Venom.

Harold's work is top notch though. I have the resin cockpit set for the 1/48 Hobby Boss FJ-4 Fury and it is exceptionally well done. He has lots of other goodies but I too would love some AM for the ole MB Sea Venom kit.

Cheers,

Mark

I do have the kit and I do want to do it up right. I am now collecting references, photos and drawings for it. It will be sometime next year before anything shows up for it though. However, I am working on ejection seats for several other airframes that use similar seats. After they are finished and cast, I am going to use them for modding into seats for the Venom.

I'll post anything that gets cloes.

Cheers,

Harold

Hello all. I just got this kit yesterday. Its ok, but needs work ,I imagine. Like it says up top, I`m looking for any AM stuff. Not sure if there is any. I`ve looked and came up empty handed. So I`m asking for your help. Are there at least seats out there to use? How about PE? Thanks in advance.........Harv

Hello -

If its any help - we will be releasing an etched set for this kit in 2009, though I cannot give a release date or price yet. Consist will be like our sets in 48th for the Hobbycraft & Classic Airframes Vampire kits but it will not just be a 'blow up' - it will be properly matched and adapted to the Revell/Matchbox kit. We will add details to our web site much nearer to release.

Regards,

David Parkins,

Flightpath,

www.djparkins.com

I was told the seats in the venom where Martin Baker Mk.2FVs.

Martin Baker Mk.2H is available in 1/32 in resin from Aeroclub:

http://www.aeroclub-models.com/p.html?n=0&c=EJ302 (Thanks Pingu)

i used thess from Aeroclub, was the best match I could find. Mine is still work in progress (ie I've still not finished it yet, but be warned it is a tricky little build, certainly getting the twin booms lined up.

heres my build thread from UAMF if it helps

http://gregers.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php...light=sea+venom

Dave

The seats in a single seat Venom are Mk.2's but the Sea Venom used a special lightweight Mk4 that is unique to the type.

John

Hello -

If its any help - we will be releasing an etched set for this kit in 2009, though I cannot give a release date or price yet. Consist will be like our sets in 48th for the Hobbycraft & Classic Airframes Vampire kits but it will not just be a 'blow up' - it will be properly matched and adapted to the Revell/Matchbox kit. We will add details to our web site much nearer to release.

Regards,

David Parkins,

Flightpath,

www.djparkins.com

Great news David, looks like I'll have to pick up the Revell kit. Keep us posted!

Hello -

Regards,

David Parkins,

Flightpath,

www.djparkins.com

Hi David.

I would love to have a set to use as a standard with the resin 'pit that want to do for the poor thing.

I assume the PE will bolt into the kits plastic pit. It really needs it.

I have the MK 4 seat in a line of seats to do in the near future.

Cheers,

Harold

http://www.amsresin.com/index.html

Edited by Harold

David, thanks so much for chiming in! Thats Great news. It will go a long way to spruceing it up. Look forwart to seeing it!! BTW, does Flightpath have a web site and sell direct??...........Harv

Yes - we have a web site with all our four ranges on - www.djparkins.com Just click on the Flightpath range and choose your scale/era from the side buttons.

95% + of all our sales are direct mail order to the end-user customer, anywhere.

Re- the Sea Venom Set - it will be some months yet and we will post details and a fret image on our web site just as soon as have news. The set will also include our usual instrument panel films, laser plotted at 4000dpi.

Regards To All,

David Parkins,

Flightpath

Re- the Sea Venom Set - it will be some months yet and we will post details and a fret image on our web site just as soon as have news. The set will also include our usual instrument panel films, laser plotted at 4000dpi.

Will you be including options for the NF.3 as well? Bucket seats and different instrument panel layout?

Will you be including options for the NF.3 as well? Bucket seats and different instrument panel layout?

Maybe - we'll look at [probably, as far as the instrument panel goes] - but as I say. its only going to be an etched set and is some months off yet. I just thought it would help if I answered the original posters question about availability of etched sets. Have no more details at present.

David Parkins

Great news David. I'll keep an eye on your site for news on this set.

Regarding the Hawk kits in 1/32 scale, these have been posted at your site for quite some time now. Any updates on these?

MAK

Mak -

Its been 98% finished for over two years - just sitting there. We are a little frightened to put it out actually because we just know that it will come back copied as a cheaper dumbed-down pirated injection kit from 'out east' - probably within a few months of its release. Then we'll be in the humiliating position of having to produce a Detail set for an inferior pirated copy of our own kit!!!

We'll take the chance and put it out one day - probably when I reach the point when I can't afford any more King Prawns & Scandanavian modern jazz cds!

Regards,

David Parkins