Revell 1/32 SEA VENOM

dirtball

Hi

The Mk 2F is fitted only to the single seat Venoms. The Mk 4 in the Sea Venom is quite unlike all the others in the Mk 4 family being more compact and rounded.

John

I was told the seats in the venom where Martin Baker Mk.2FVs.

Martin Baker Mk.2H is available in 1/32 in resin from Aeroclub:

http://www.aeroclub-models.com/p.html?n=0&c=EJ302 (Thanks Pingu)

i used thess from Aeroclub, was the best match I could find. Mine is still work in progress (ie I've still not finished it yet, but be warned it is a tricky little build, certainly getting the twin booms lined up.

heres my build thread from UAMF if it helps

http://gregers.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php...light=sea+venom

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks to one and all...whilst doing other things, I've been collecting good references for a Revell 1/32 Sea Venom. I notice VV, that you have copyrighted pictures; are you and SJ going to publish by any chance? If so, and I'm not already too late in asking, when will that be? I will certainly order if you do/have as I have a 'special' long term project for the model. I've contacted Dave (DJ Parkin) and he says there will still be a 1/32 PE set available in the future, if that helps anyone, and I'm sure it will...I'm also looking for a prototype to build on...this is the reason I ask!

Why? Well, as far as references go, the FAW Mk.53 seems to be the best served; both you and other photographers give no option for the RN modeller, but to do an RAN a/c in 1/32nd. Now there's a turn up...

However, thanks for all your input...your Gannet info was so mind bogglingly good, I've had to put them (all 5) away until I get up enough courage again, to sort out whether there could have been two occupants in the rearmost coalhole of the COD Mk.4, and whether Eduard are just making it all up for the others. :shrug:

Your cockpit diagrams for the various Gannet models have given me a good idea on the differences and the obvious omissions Revell have made. You've therefore saved me from trashing 5 kits. Thank you. :)

EDIT: Insanity, dementia...whatever you call it...I know how many fingers I have on each hand, but 2 doesn't equal 3. :doh:

Anyway, thanks for your expertise...I'll mention you in despatches to Age Concern! :)

Edited by Nobby57

Thanks to one and all...whilst doing other things, I've been collecting good references for a Revell 1/32 Sea Venom. I notice VV, that you have copyrighted pictures; are you and SJ going to publish by any chance? If so, and I'm not already too late in asking, when will that be? I will certainly order if you do/have as I have a 'special' long term project for the model. I've contacted Dave (DJ Parkin) and he says there will still be a 1/32 PE set available in the future, if that helps anyone, and I'm sure it will...I'm also looking for a prototype to build on...this is the reason I ask!

Why? Well, as far as references go, the FAW Mk.53 seems to be the best served; both you and other photographers give no option for the RN modeller, but to do an RAN a/c in 1/32nd. Now there's a turn up...

However, thanks for all your input...your Gannet info was so mind bogglingly good, I've had to put them (all 5) away until I get up enough courage again, to sort out whether there could have been two occupants in the rearmost coalhole of the COD Mk.4, and whether Eduard are just making it all up for the others. :shrug:

Your cockpit diagrams for the various Gannet models have given me a good idea on the differences and the obvious omissions Revell have made. You've therefore saved me from trashing 5 kits. Thank you. :)

EDIT: Insanity, dementia...whatever you call it...I know how many fingers I have on each hand, but 2 doesn't equal 3. :doh:

Anyway, thanks for your expertise...I'll mention you in despatches to Age Concern! :)

Happy to be of assistance :)

• 5 years later...

After 6 long years the question still remains......... Is anyone ever going to produce a detail set for the venerable (and surprisingly still only game in town) Matchbox/Revell Sea Venom? 

On 3/25/2020 at 10:29 AM, Acky190 said:

After 6 long years the question still remains......... Is anyone ever going to produce a detail set for the venerable (and surprisingly still only game in town) Matchbox/Revell Sea Venom? 

Very likely not.

I've expended quite a bit of time and effort pulling bits off our two Venom's to assist with proposed details sets for the Matchbox kits.

To date the fruits of my labours have been slightly south of sod all. (cept for young Harold, he did alright)

One of the reasons I don't bother being too helpful anymore.

Edited by NAVY870
  • Like 4

I personally think It's a crying shame as rumors of releases and promising images of works in progress have been punted around over the considerable amount years this thread has been active! I for one have one of the kits in my stash and am still amazed every time I look at it that this small but definitely not unimportant family of aircraft has been overlooked for the super detail treatment by anyone over the years. Maybe we should give Pavla a shout as they have an excellent track record for catering to the underdog, they've made detail sets and conversions for KP kits! 

Well, this may give you some inspiration to simply make the Sea Venom 1/32 kit:

https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/seavenom/seavenom-1.html

I did quite some detail scratch building on this model.

spacer.png

==================

A bit off topic, but...

I also had plans to do a large conversion for a 1/32 Vampire, which is obviously a very different aircraft. I have some  ID / TIgger vacuform parts here lying in the stash.

Luckily though, I did not start yet. First LEM promised us a big resin kit but I never saw it. 

But a test shot was seen recently from HPH / Infinity and I surely hope the Vampire is coming now after all these years....

See LargeScalePlanes post and copy here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235068939-132-de-havilland-dh100-vampire-fb35-by-infinity-models-test-model/&tab=comments#comment-3602140

Hope our dreams come true!

Meindert

I have a couple of these in the stash with one started. The base cockpit is a useful atart in terms of the lumps bumps and panels if you take them back a bit and re build the detail. Harold seats and wheels are great (I have them) and make life a, lot easier as the kit ones are truly awful. The problem seems to be that the various versions of Sea Veom were signifigantly different inside. BT W does anyone have any interior pis of Venom NF3, especially the seats? 

16 hours ago, BushBrit66 said:

I have a couple of these in the stash with one started. The base cockpit is a useful atart in terms of the lumps bumps and panels if you take them back a bit and re build the detail. Harold seats and wheels are great (I have them) and make life a, lot easier as the kit ones are truly awful. The problem seems to be that the various versions of Sea Veom were signifigantly different inside. BT W does anyone have any interior pis of Venom NF3, especially the seats? 

The cockpit doesnt match any version.

The closest I could put it to is an FAW.21 which is sod all good as the kit doesn't include that option.

Realistically theres not much in there thats usable and nowt that looks like an FAW.53.

My glacier like WIP here