British Midland A-321 (one for you Brits)

Lovely Jesse, very tidy build. Although working for a rival UK airline I have to admit to really liking this scheme of Brit Midlands.

The figure certainly makes you realise how big this aircraft is. I happened to be working on G-EUXJ today and we haven't had a 321 in the hangar for a while, it was when we pushed it out for runs that it hit home as to how much bigger than the 319 it really is. And it's along walk through the cabin!!

Once again a fantastic build and a beautiful finish, whose decals did you use?

Rgds,

Eng

Lovely Jesse, very tidy build. Although working for a rival UK airline I have to admit to really liking this scheme of Brit Midlands.

The figure certainly makes you realise how big this aircraft is. I happened to be working on G-EUXJ today and we haven't had a 321 in the hangar for a while, it was when we pushed it out for runs that it hit home as to how much bigger than the 319 it really is. And it's along walk through the cabin!!

Once again a fantastic build and a beautiful finish, whose decals did you use?

Rgds,

Eng

Thanks for the nice comments, you know, it's funny you mentioned the size, cause when I put it beside the 319 & 320 you then realize how looonnnggg this aircraft is, even if the A-310 is much bigger there is not much difference in length.

The decals were from Liveries Unlimited. Don't know yet if the decals to do G-EUXJ exist but it would look real nice also, will snoop around for that. If it becomes a project, I'll bug ya for some pics.

T/care

Jesse

Build a lot of civvie stuff myself, and that I really like. Love the figure added for scale, these airliners are always considered small, certainly by me and that pic really puts things back into perspective.

Thanks, I saw some of yours and they are top notch.

Jesse

Hei Jesse,

You are really productive, man ! A very nice model as usual from your hands.

And I really like that extra touch with those extra "Operating for Air 2000" titles.

Happy modelling,

Ruben

Hi Ruben,

Nice to hear from ya. Thanks, speaking of titles, almost made big mistake :wacko: , on the right side of the fuselage the red BM is right behind the first door and just when I was to put the decal in the water for the left side, my eye just caught the picture of the aircraft and the red BM is not in front of the second door as the decal is done but behind the first door too! That's what I call ''saved by the bell''.

Jesse

The decals were from Liveries Unlimited. Don't know yet if the decals to do G-EUXJ exist but it would look real nice also, will snoop around for that. If it becomes a project, I'll bug ya for some pics.

Hi Jesse,

I've got decals from F-Dcal - http://www.f-dcal.net/pages/laser/14068.html

They do stacks of airliner stuff and are great decals, well worth a look. The guy's that run the company are very helpful and will answer any questions via email.

Should be able to get some pic's if reqd but as mentioned earlier, we don't see the 321's anywhere near as often as the 319/320's as there's far fewer in the fleet.

I'm very (very!!) slowly working to do a 319, 320 and 321 all in BA livery as above. The 320 and 321 using F-Dcal sheets and the 319 straight from the Revell kit, which has an awesome decal sheet if you haven't seen it already.

Drop me a PM anytime if you need any Airbus or 737 info/pic's

Rgds,

Eng

Hi Jesse,

I've got decals from F-Dcal - http://www.f-dcal.net/pages/laser/14068.html

They do stacks of airliner stuff and are great decals, well worth a look. The guy's that run the company are very helpful and will answer any questions via email.

Should be able to get some pic's if reqd but as mentioned earlier, we don't see the 321's anywhere near as often as the 319/320's as there's far fewer in the fleet.

I'm very (very!!) slowly working to do a 319, 320 and 321 all in BA livery as above. The 320 and 321 using F-Dcal sheets and the 319 straight from the Revell kit, which has an awesome decal sheet if you haven't seen it already.

Drop me a PM anytime if you need any Airbus or 737 info/pic's

Rgds,

Eng

Will do. You just reminded me that I have those decals for the A-319, I did mine with the Air Canada livery (in the gallery), they are nice, they were done by Danny at Daco. I never used F-DCAL's products, I had read here and there that they were very, very delicate to work with, one guy even said the F was for fragile! If that is true, it's not a plus for me. I agree, they do have a very nice catalog.

Jesse

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Jesse

This is a very nice kit and you made it shinier than mine alsewhere in this forum.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks, yeah, they are very shiny, all the pictures I saw, showed them very well maintained, at least when they were in operation for Air 2000.

Jesse

That's a great looking model, I could be tempted to try a civvie jet...nah! Seeriously though nice model sir.

Thanks, I built military for a long time once and tried the civil stuff and it just grew on me I guess. The only downside of it I find is that your always working with gloss paint so if you cheat it stares right back at you.

Jesse

Now thats a great lookign model.

I need to look in this forum more often if this is the quality of builds!

Julien

Thanks again. Yeah, there is some pretty nice stuff in here. I even envy some of them.

Jesse