DH Venom Colour Schemes

rafalbert

I'd love to see the black and white photos they may set my mind at ease. However, just because a photo was published in black and white doesn't mean the originals weren't in colour or that colour  film wasn't used at the same time.  Also film of that era was very temperamental, I know we used a lot of Agfa film at air shows as it gave a nice sharp  result but if I remember correctly it had a strong blue cast to it? Kodak film of the same subject was somehow muddier.

Lets hope we get to the bottom of this mystery.

I remember colour photos of BRMs on the front cover of Motor Sport in the early 1960s being a distinct (and rather attractive) shade of dark blue, as opposed to their real British Racing Green.  Though apparently a somewhat distinct shade of BRG.  So colour film showing green as bluer is by no means unheard-of.  

Printed reproductions of colour photos can be way off - I recall the flight of FAA Avengers on the cover of SAM that had  a huge yellow cast - it wa sonly years later I saw an original copy of the print that showed the colours properly

• 3 months later...

What is the Cyberhobby 1/72 Venom NF.3 like as a kit, worth buying or major surgery required to make it look like an RAF Venom?

Edited by Lord Riot

18 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

What is the Cyberhobby 1/72 Venom NF.3 like as a kit, worth buying or major surgery required to make it look like an RAF Venom?

Its a caricature of a Venom

• Haha 1