1/20th Scale Jaguar GR3A

Timmy!

Ohh I Escaped after 3 :)

As said above... PEC where did I get PCU from lol........

I think what is confusing is the seat here has the blanking plate fitted to protect the connections.... the one you have has the hose attachments on it by the looks of it.

The protective cover we fitted between flights does not.

see

http://sepecat.info/b/2007/10/19/ejection-...tin-baker-mk9b/

OK here is a close-up of the seat. I think the gray part is throwing you guys off. I have a photo of a pilot w/ the PEC and it appears to be the right size to fit in the notch where the errant gray box is. Do I have it right? Remember I'm only capturing rough outlines of these parts - the model will have better detail.

Timmy

jagseatpecjj6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A little progress with the model. As always please let me know if you find glaring errors. Your help has been very useful so far.

This shot is of the nose gear. You can see the wire frame outlined in red dashed border. This is 2-d view port from the 3-d part. All four view ports are generated from one 3-d model. Any changes I make to the 3-d model will change all four of the view ports. The ones outlined in red have not been rendered. There are also sections of the nose wheel and hub, again taken directly from the 3-d model.

nosegearcj1.jpg

Here is the gear well, most of these have been redrawn in order to add surface detail. Notice the red outlined sections these are used as guides to precisely re-create the 2-d drawings of the gear well.

ngwellmt9.jpg

That's it for now,

Timmy

OK here is a close-up of the seat. I think the gray part is throwing you guys off. I have a photo of a pilot w/ the PEC and it appears to be the right size to fit in the notch where the errant gray box is. Do I have it right? Remember I'm only capturing rough outlines of these parts - the model will have better detail.

Timmy

jagseatpecjj6.jpg

The item behind the gray box you point out is I believe the handle for the PEC dust cover (the part that the gray box is located onto) which is removed by the groundcrew/pilot on crew in and refitted on turnaround and after flight servicings. So, if no seat stick interface is in place, the dust cover will be fitted.

HTH

smeds

...seat stick interface...

smeds

:banghead::lol: Had to read that three times then I got it! I have heard of "stick actuators," but not that one.

That helps! I really think that the lack of detail in the drawings is confusing us all. The model will be based on the photos I have, and will incorporate much more detail - which I hope will clear things up.

Timmy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hows it progressing Timmy, heard news there are 10 on them going Stateside as they were trying to recruit Jag Engineers to maintain them, was Fwd an email to see if I was interested...... BTW I just bought a 1/18th Jag Pilot white metal figure that would just look like a tall Jag pilot against it........

Edited by TonyT

• 3 years later...