Windy's Tonka

Windy

I think you need to get your missus to do some more interior designing of your model room and accidently misplace that model like she did with your buccs

Al

I now have everything I need to carry on the build but I have no time at the moment, roll on Christmas leave :clap2:

Well I have slowly made some progress despite enjoying the festive cheer and attempting some DIY around the house.

Look at all that filler...

155.jpg

This is my attempt a F.3 cockpit....

156.jpg

Slowly getting there..

157.jpg

Whilst the filler is trying I am trying to finish my Matchbox Hawk using Airfix decals donated by Merlin101 (thanks Dave).

161.jpg

Edited by Windy

Also I have decided to start on my second entry..

I was going to do a Revell 1/72 however I decided to change and do a Italeri 1/48th.

152.jpg

I am going to use a Neomega cockpit that I have started to paint using the techniques shown on Phill Flory's Promodeller site.

158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

With any luck this will be easier than the Airfix F.3 :deadhorse:

Looking good Windy, got one in the stash and I just can't bring myself to build it yet, so you're one up on me.

Was just looking at the depth of the airbrake bays - the damn engines would need flat spots on the turbine stages to get by those!!! You could hide a couple of Special forces guy's in there and fly them into the action at 100ft, 600mph then pop the brakes to let them out!!!!! Just like they tie them on to the outside of helo's - I reckon the Armed forces have been watching to much of Michael Palin travelling on the outside of trains in India and Pakistan! :hmmm:

Sorry, got caught up in a different wee world there for a mo, won't happen again :mental:

Will keep watching your build, might inspire a change of heart in my Airfix Tonka.

Rgds,

Eng

Well it is late Sunday night and after 4 hours of slaving over my pile of :shit: kit I have had enough. I am going to now just veg out in front of the telly and think happy thoughts and not how I have spent for hours trying to remove the flash, fill in injector pin marks and try to get my damn Airfix Tornado to look like a Tornado :deadhorse::crying::chair::wall:

Time for a drink!!! :drink: