1/72 Revell Tornado GR.1 - 17 Sqn

Rich F

• 3 weeks later...

Think this ones about done now, no real drama's getting her finished just took me a while to get round to adding the Flightpath RBF tags, i really recommend these although they are a bugger to paint in this scale :hypnotised:

TornadoBuild129.jpg

TornadoBuild127.jpg

TornadoBuild123.jpg

TornadoBuild122.jpg

TornadoBuild119.jpg

TornadoBuild137.jpg

Not going to put in with the rest of the finished Tornados just yet, feverishly beavering away to try and display it with this lot...

TornadoBuild105-1.jpg

Thats if I can get them built and painted before the deadline.

I must say a big thats to Spike for getting me the extra gas bags i need. Cheers Spike :thumbsup:

Rich

Simply excellent Rich :clap2: . All the extras must have made this a bit pricey (I am a fine one to talk!). Hope to see this one at SMW 09.

Cheers

James

Edited by James G

Think this ones about done now, no real drama's getting her finished just took me a while to get round to adding the Flightpath RBF tags, i really recommend these although they are a bugger to paint in this scale :hypnotised:

Not going to put in with the rest of the finished Tornados just yet, feverishly beavering away to try and display it with this lot...

Thats if I can get them built and painted before the deadline.

I must say a big thats to Spike for getting me the extra gas bags i need. Cheers Spike :thumbsup:

Rich

Aw shucks...

Nah,Rich mate,thank you for the bits in return.

Ohhh......Matey,that's good......And I maen GOOD!....

Found these on my HD,thought you might want them for the diarama.

Merv

S1O078.jpg

RAF17Sqn-1.jpg

17sqncol150.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kinds words guys :blush: I 'm gonna call this one finally finished at last. :yahoo:

The Verlinden Airfield Revetment was a plesure to paint as I've never really done this kind of thing before i'm quite chuffed with the result. It was painted with Tamiya, Gunze and Vallejo Acrylics then weathered with Tamiya smoke, oils and Promodellers washes and finally used Verlinden grasses for the erm..grass and a couple of their Airfield signs for the doors.

The figures (P.P. Aeroparts), GPU, Towbar (Flightpath)and Ladders (Verlinden Tornado update set)received various Humbrol colours.

On to the Piccies...

TornadoBuild173.jpg

TornadoBuild163.jpg

TornadoBuild168.jpg

TornadoBuild180.jpg

TornadoBuild181.jpg

TornadoBuild182.jpg

TornadoBuild188.jpg

Just glad to get this one off the workbench at last.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1

absolutely top draw modelling :worthy: . Fantastic dio - shame it doesn't have a mally wagon to stop all those lineys gassing :analintruder:

That is an absolute beauty!

Who supplies PP Aeroparts?

Thanks Nick, AFAIK, PP Aeroparts is no more, its a shame as they did some lovely stuff. I got all mine off ebay.

Very nice Rich,very nice indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Oh,what's the crest next to the 17f one on the placard?)

Merv

Merv, thought you'd know that one! Its the RAF Germany Crest, its motto reads 'Keepers of the Peace'

Rich

Thanks Nick, AFAIK, PP Aeroparts is no more, its a shame as they did some lovely stuff. I got all mine off ebay.

Merv, thought you'd know that one! Its the RAF Germany Crest, its motto reads 'Keepers of the Peace'

Rich

Rich,

I believe that these are manufactured/marketed by Flightpath now.

Nick

absolutely top draw modelling :worthy: . Fantastic dio - shame it doesn't have a mally wagon to stop all those lineys gassing :analintruder:

17f lived on Dorty & Currywurst...It was 9 that were/are the fat buggers!

aint they Pigpen....?