KUTA - Sd.Kfz.7 - 1/72 Scale

Paul - Brazil

Hi, all!

Well, this is what I have in front of me right now:

001.jpg

This model kit it's with me for a long time. I even didn't remember what AFV is... After some research, I found: This is a Sd.Kfz.9. (If I am wrong, please tell me the true and bring me some light) :) The scale is 1/72.

I have no Instruction Sheet. I have no decals. I have no box. :undecided: What do I have? :) I have this started model kit to finish. :winkgrin:

I hope I have some new pictures of my progress to show you, before next weekend.

Best regards,

Paul.

P.S: Topic title was changed according the information from daz greenwood. ;)

Edited by Paul - Brazil

Hi Daz,

Thanks for the info! I already changed the Topic Title.

It can be the Airfix kit, but in some kind of 'rebox' from another 'manufacturer'. In the picture below, we can perfectly read "MADE IN ENGLAND".

002.jpg

Best,

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... It's time to make "my plans come true" :) ...

Tonight I "unbuild" the rear part of the truck. The parts that appears on the right side of the truck were took out intact. The part on the left side didn't have the same luck.

005.jpg

View of the left side:

006.jpg

The next task will be to build the new "ground" of the rear part of the truck.

I would like to apologize for my mistake english. I'd studied english for some years and my teacher was from London. But... I am a "little bit" rusty. :undecided:

Best regards,

Paul.

Hi, all!

I already painted the cabin in Germany Grey. I think this German Grey is a little bit "green", but now it's done. I will have another German Grey for the rest of the painting.

016.jpg

Some color was added in the "little clocks" of the panel. But I think they will not appear later. Well, it happens...

Now I am working in the "covering" for the cabin. I hope I can have new pictures to show you soon.

Best,

Paul.

Thank you, Daz!

Tonight I made the covering for the cabin. It looks strage because the PVA (white) glue is not dry yet. I painted the inside of the covering only, before to glue it in the place.

021.jpg

The back of the truck... I took the "metal" that comes in the botles of champagne and put against a grid and pushed to create the raised marks. After that I glued the "metal" in a piece of plastic and, finally, glued in the truck.

022.jpg

Once again, sorry for the bad english and feel free to post your comments. All kind of comments are welcome.

Best regards,

Paul.

Well...

I "scratch-builded" :) the sides of the back of the truck... I know the grids are not in the same shape than the original, but... It was my best... :unsure:

025.jpg

I need to get faster if I want to finish before the end of the GB.

:cheers: Paul.

Hi, folks!

I would like to thank you for your words and for visiting the topic. :speak_cool:

Jen,

Matchbox? It can be... I know there is one like this on 1/76 with a four barrel gun... I think the name is "flakvierling"... Where Matchbox is from? England?

Well... I painted in flat black the tires and the tracks. I didn't lose my time painting veeery precisely, because will be a lot of mud there.

026.jpg

The 'up' and 'down' halfs of the vehicle are already glued. I painted the headlights in Silver (Humbrol). Once again... I could open a hole in the headlight and put some Clear Glue, but there will be a lot of dirty things, like snow, mud...

027.jpg

And here starts the "Round 2"... :) The scratch of the Flak...

1st... The main support of the whole thing.

2nd... The support of the gun.

3rd... The gun.

028.jpg

All these things are "under construction", I just started with them. Don't look for the "tip" of the gun. It's wrong. I didn't touch that part yet! ^_^

:cheers:

Paul.

Hi all...

This afternoon (Here it's 19:38 now), I made a little part... I don't know much about AFV, so I think it's the "aim"... ( I use to build military aircrafts )

029.jpg

I tried to improve the Gun a little... Some new parts here and there... I replaced the part that connects the gun to the support. I need to change the position some mm... Next task: To work in the "tip" of the Gun.

What is the right name to that part? Muzzle?

030.jpg

Best,

Paul.

Thanks for the information! Hasegawa?... I'll try to find one of them on Ebay. Actually, this is my second "AFV". Some time ago, I built a Kubelwagen. I don't know why, but I am enjoying to build this little one. I found some Flakvierling images on the web and I think it can be a good model.

Paul.

Let's go...

This was the result of the first try to build a "Muzzle":

031.jpg

I didn't like kit! It was looking like a bucket in the end of the gun barrel... :fraidnot:

So I cut it off and go for "something completely diferent": ^_^

032.jpg

This one was approved.

The next task is to create the gadget that fixes the gun in the support.

:cheers:

Paul.

Thank you for your comments, guys!

Time is running out... But I am running too! frantic.gif

In the picture below are the last things I did in the Flak. Tonight I will try to make the last piece of the Flak: The steel's protection that will be glued in front of the gun. After that's done, painting will be the next.

033.jpg

Best!

Paul.

Well, I finished the Flak...

It's already glued in its place:

034.jpg

As you can see, I painted the Flak in a diferent Gray. After the model finished, I want to have have various diferent Grays... In my opinion, this helps to bring model to life...

Right now, I am installing the windshields and working on the "base"...

See you later...

Paul.

Work complete! Job is done! Kaputz!

I didn't like "my" snow... It's too fake... :undecided:

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

I put a Kark98 and a helmet inside the cabin..

043.jpg

044.jpg

Another helmet on the Flak...

045.jpg

Please, feel free to post your comments. All comments are welcome.

Happy New Year! :cheers:

Paul.