Blowing up a Revell Easykit Pocket Snowspeeder

Yup, I'm still working on the fleet of snowspeeders. Today I've been playing around with blowing one up. Here my current w.i.p. ...

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i64/Scif...erexplosion.jpg

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i64/Scif...speederdown.jpg

Very effective.

Watched "Empire..." on TV tonight and there a linw where they say "we're still converting the speeders for the cold weather" or something.

So the SNOW speeders, designed for the SNOW have a problem with cold weather? Who made them, British Leyland?

And why are they fitted with a harpoon!

Very effective.

Watched "Empire..." on TV tonight and there a linw where they say "we're still converting the speeders for the cold weather" or something.

So the SNOW speeders, designed for the SNOW have a problem with cold weather? Who made them, British Leyland?

In the film they only refer to them as speeders. Snowspeeder seems to have been invented by Kenner to give a catchy name to their toy version, and has caught on as a result of that. As for the harpoon, perhaps the Rebellion did a bit of whaling to supplement their funding...

Very effective.

From starwars.com

"When stationed on Hoth, the Rebel Alliance modified T-47 airspeeders to become snowspeeders, fast flying conveyances for patrol and defense of their hidden base. It took some doing to keep the crippling cold from permanently grounding their airforce, but Rebel ingenuity overcame the relentless Hoth elements."

Chadders