Airfix 1/72 McDonnell Douglas Phantom FG.1 RAF Leuchars 1974

Alistair,

A lovely build and finish of one of my favourite Phantom schemes. Very impressive indeed,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

Alistair,

A lovely build and finish of one of my favourite Phantom schemes. Very impressive indeed,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks very much Roger,

That is extremely kind of you.

Cheers,

Alistair

6 minutes ago, Billy54 said:

Very nice build, I like it a lot, thank you for sharing your images.

Thanks very much for your kind comment.

4 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Very nicely done. I always did like that scheme. 😎👍

Thanks so much.

After the FAA scheme this is also my favourite Phantom scheme.

Cheers,

Alistair

Very nice Phantom, I think you've got the green and grey spot on, nicely done exhausts, etc, etc. 🤤 :goodjob:

Chris

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

Extremely nice!

Andy

Thanks very much.

25 minutes ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Very nice Phantom, I think you've got the green and grey spot on, nicely done exhausts, etc, etc. 🤤 :goodjob:

Chris

Many Thanks

3 minutes ago, kelly9mm said:

Great Phantom, I like the painting scheme.

Thank you so much.

Cheers,

Alistair

You are rightly chuffed, it looks gorgeous Alistair,  love this scheme . Great work and ghe group shot is fantastic too, you're going to need a separate display case just for your Phantom models after this lot is done😉

Chris

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

You are rightly chuffed, it looks gorgeous Alistair,  love this scheme . Great work and ghe group shot is fantastic too, you're going to need a separate display case just for your Phantom models after this lot is done😉

Chris

Thanks so much Chris,

You are absolutely right about the display as they are going to need 4 shelves to themselves.:blush:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 1

Ya Beauty! Remember the real thing back in the day, unforgettable in fact. The whole of 43 coming over in line abreast during one of the Leuchars airshows in the '70s. The ground actually did shake!

• Thanks 2

A phabulous Phantom in a sublime old school, high vis camo scheme. The finish looks spot on and your entire collection looks first class!

Well done.

• Thanks 1

You have done a wonderful job, that's a beauty. Every time I see a kit of an RAF Phantom, my first thought goes to the old Matchbox Phantom. I intensely link that kit to RAF Phantoms for some reason. Probably that beautiful box art. Phantoms Phorever!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice. I lived in Leuchars from 69-75, and the sight and sound of a pair of these flying over on their way out to intercept a Bear over the North Sea was very familiar.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Linus said:

Very nice build, i read your tread, excellent !!!

Thanks so much Linus.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

4 hours ago, redleader said:

Ya Beauty! Remember the real thing back in the day, unforgettable in fact. The whole of 43 coming over in line abreast during one of the Leuchars airshows in the '70s. The ground actually did shake!

Thanks very much,

Yes, I spent 6 year working in Leuchars box and the noise and rumble was memorable.

4 hours ago, canberraman said:

A phabulous Phantom in a sublime old school, high vis camo scheme. The finish looks spot on and your entire collection looks first class!

Well done.

Thanks very much that is most kind of you.

4 hours ago, Pantherhawk27263 said:

You have done a wonderful job, that's a beauty. Every time I see a kit of an RAF Phantom, my first thought goes to the old Matchbox Phantom. I intensely link that kit to RAF Phantoms for some reason. Probably that beautiful box art. Phantoms Phorever!!!

Thanks very much.

3 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

Well done and nice serie Alistair.

Alain

Thanks so much Alain.

Most kind.

2 hours ago, John_W said:

Very nice. I lived in Leuchars from 69-75, and the sight and sound of a pair of these flying over on their way out to intercept a Bear over the North Sea was very familiar.

Thanks John,

I will always remember the feeling of a QRA take off especially when I was 30 ft up a Signal Pole as they went right overhead.

1 hour ago, Parabat said:

Very nice, great family pic at the end.

Many thanks,

I don't think there will be many more family pics until I finish the series as the photo booth is too small and by the time I get them all done the weather up here won't be the best for an outside photoshoot.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, binbrook87 said:

One of my favourite phantom schemes in the RAF.... absolutely stunning build! 

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Alistair

Hope you don't mind me repeating what I said in the w.i.p. thread Alistair - THAT is how to make an Airfix Phantom look good! Cracking build, paint and decalling all add up to a stunning model - and that scheme has long been my favourite R.A.F. one!

Really lovely work! 

Keith

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Hope you don't mind me repeating what I said in the w.i.p. thread Alistair - THAT is how to make an Airfix Phantom look good! Cracking build, paint and decalling all add up to a stunning model - and that scheme has long been my favourite R.A.F. one!

Really lovely work! 

Keith

Thanks so much Keith for both your kind comments and for all the encouragement and support you gave me.

It is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

That's a very tidy build there.

I was going to add that I spotted a mistake in that it should have some zig zag flashes on the side but then spotted your last two photos.  Still a 43 Sqn one isnt half bad either. :D

Leuchars aircraft - happy days and September shows.  Sadly no more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1