I'm glad I've finished this thing.

It was one of the worst fitting models I've encountered.

I've gone through a raft of putty, and my fingers were sore from sanding the putty back.

I almost at several points nearly gave up with it and binned it, but I suppose my sheer bloody mindedness wouldn't let me.

Nownits done I'm happy with how it turned out,  and glad I persevered with it, and I once again used it as a learning model.

I bought the stand separately as I wanted it wheels up.

Given all the negatives of building it, it is an impressively sized model once finished.

I hope you approve of my efforts

Concorde

Concorde

Concorde

Concorde

Concorde

• Like 56
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Very nice. Is this the Revell kit?

Yes, it's an old one, and after doing some looking around, I found out it's known for being not one of their better ones.

Looks very good! :clap2:

And the struggle makes the result all the sweeter!

Wheels up does indeed show its graceful form. Does the stand use a magnetic attachment?

• Like 1

Hey HC, I'm awfully glad you did persevere with this one, that first photo looks like the real thing and shows her off beautifully. Very much approve of it.

Cheers - Karl

• Like 1

Still looks mighty impressive to me!

It's criminal that with an aircraft so important to the history of aviation... we still don't have a decent and accurate tooling of the aircraft. 

• Like 1

That is an absolutely marvelous result!

Do you have some more detail shots to appreciate the work you put in there?

On 13/06/2024 at 22:29, dnl42 said:

Looks very good! :clap2:

And the struggle makes the result all the sweeter!

Wheels up does indeed show its graceful form. Does the stand use a magnetic attachment?

No, it's a clip in stand, it took me about 30 mins to find the centre of gravity to drill the hole for the stand.

• Thanks 1

On 14/06/2024 at 13:32, KDB said:

Hey HC, I'm awfully glad you did persevere with this one, that first photo looks like the real thing and shows her off beautifully. Very much approve of it.

Cheers - Karl

Thanks mate, that means a lot

10 out of 10 for persevering with this Revell kit. All that filling and sanding has really paid off. That's a superb Concorde. I used to hear the French ones sonic boom at the back of 9pm as they made their way to Dakar (I think) in the late 1970s.

• Like 1

Your build title; 8 simple letters - a single word and yet so powerful - like the real thing -  just the word is enough to catch my attention. She's been gone for 21 years and yet, her story will be one which will go on forever. That is a superb build, I thought at first glance at your first photo that you had a 1/72 kit there having noted your mention of bad fitting parts.

What a splendid end result - great to see what you have made of Alpha Delta. 

• Like 1