MiG-23MF Flogger Trumpeter 1:32

This time, one of the more interesting aircraft of the Cold War era: the MiG-23MF Flogger. The Trumpeter model is not perfect and requires a lot of work. I built the model the way I like best, straight from the box.

I invite you to the gallery.

MiG-23MF Flogger Trumpeter 1:32

G6ZCcCF.jpg?1oEU6njk.jpg?1gt3pHML.jpg?1HWs7KPm.jpg?1b8QVKTL.jpg?1H2nkJcs.jpg?2WUJUMNk.jpgSWdZjXl.jpg?1CiDWz4Z.jpg?12pugPxr.jpg?102I2Ab6.jpg?1UF1WY4o.jpg?1

• Like 54
  • Thanks 5

Very nice painting  🖌️ and weathering job!

Congratulations 👏 

Giannis Doxas 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wow!  Are there in progress pics?  This is very impressive on so many levels.  What is your weathering technique? 

Edited by 28ZComeback
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 28ZComeback said:

Wow!  Are there in progress pics?  This is very impressive on so many levels.  What is your weathering technique? 

I use many techniques, from shading and dry brushing to the salt effect. I achieve a lot of effects with a dry brush, and I also do chipping with a brush. Sometimes I also use Tamiya Weathering Master.

• Thanks 1

Hi Koralik,

Awesome build!

For quite I while I'd been following Matt McDougall's build of this same kit on his YouTube channel six years ago. To my own surprise, he came across an issue with the landing gear related to the stance of the aircraft that you seem to have avoided.

That Texan, you know; he's sort of high-strung, because he ended up destroying his almost finished build just for the fun of it (he might as well have saved it for a gear-up build, huh?). :hmmm:

What's your thought about it? I think it was a total waste of time, hobby materials and a possible future paint mule.

Cheers,

Igna

Overall, it's not a bad model. Like any model, it has its flaws. The main landing gear is quite complex, and during the build, you need to spend a bit more time on it to fit everything properly so that the rear of the model sits lower. Since I build models on commission, I have built at least 7 of these Trumpeter MiG-23s. I always choose the metal landing gear version (the kit includes both plastic and metal options). I slightly trim the square connecting the elements to set the landing gear a bit lower.

Superb looking model. Fantastic paintwork and craftsmanship.

I was reading about the version designating codes Russia applies in a book about the Tu-22, and it was interesting how different the codes are to typical US nomenclature (A= original, B= two seater trainer, C=newer version, etc). It seems the Russian codes are usually the first letter (in Russian) of a word that describes that particular version's primary role?

I assume "MF" doesn't convey the common meaning it would have in the west, would be cool if it did, though 😄

• Like 1

Very nice Flogger. I like the way you weather your model. Especially the alu-chipping. 

Saw them fly only few times in the early 90's on airshow. An impressive fighter.

• Like 1