Airfix Rocket Typhoon Mk IB

Posted (edited)

This beauty arrived today and I can't wait to start my first Typhoon. Also looking forward to reading up and learning much more about this aircraft and it's pretty crucial role on D-Day and beyond.

spacer.png

Edited by TommyF
Edit
  • Like 11

Some progress on the Typhoon over the last 2-3 days. Pretty happy with the cockpit interior although of course you can barely see anything once the fuselage halves have been joined. I used interior photos from both the Duxford section and the sole survivor at RAF museum Hendon (I must get there this year). Next steps; exhausts, tail and lower wing sections. Early days but so far so good :)

spacer.png

• Like 5

Looking good. It's a coincidence that I have just started one this evening. Planning on doing mine as a 245 Squadron example that was the first aircraft tto.land in France a couple days after the landings. I am working on the facts I have before me thanks to 3205 Servicing Commando account  left to me by late father n law.  I need the code letters only to apply to the model when it gets to that stage.

Also it will have one of the gun bays open with a figure depicting the father in law as an armourer.

• Like 3