Fairey Rotodyne

A very fine looking example of the Rotodyne.  I especially like how you have posed it with the cargo doors open and a vehicle being unloaded.  That is a bit different than what I have seen before.  Great take on a very old classic kit.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Pete, the kit is typical of many 50s and 60s kits being abundant with working features. Modellers who remember these realise that they were crude and not accurate for scale models. But these were different times when kits were toys that boys made themselves. We would throw them together as fast as possible, then fly them around the room with appropriate noises. We took our enjoyment from building and playing with them. They were not made to sit on a shelf in most cases, or indeed, in cases.

I have tried to have the features ‘working’, but in all honesty, they would be better fixed in position. This is a model of its time. That is not to sneer at it, but if the modeller accepts that, great pleasure can be taken from building an old favourite, and maybe making a better fist of it than we did all those years ago.

• Like 3

Not really my thing, Ratch -  but what a great job you have done on that old Airfix kit - love the open doors and vehicle.

Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1

Great job, and I love the "usage suggestion" with the Bren Gun Carrier, which gives us (who know) an idea of its size.  Please leave the BOYS anti-tank rifle in the checked baggage. Thank you.

• Like 1

Brings back happy memories of building one of these, more years ago than I care to remember! 

• Like 1

Well done Ratch, you have made the old lady look great 👍

• Thanks 1