ICM 1/48 P51D Korean Pony.

Hi folk's not the most sought after of kit's I picked it up for pennies but have to say it's been a stress free enjoyable build,I believe it was a copy of the Tamiya

kit when released a good few years ago and not a bad one either.

20240405_183150

20240521_162929

20240521_162917

20240521_162834

20240521_162815

20240521_162741

20240521_162732

20240521_162715

• Like 39

35 minutes ago, woody37 said:

I don't know anything about the kit, but you've done a great job on it Steve :)

Thank you Woody,its obvious as we have a Tamiya kit in the house that this is copied from it,not as refined but pretty close,lovely panel lines and solid moulding just a few

places lacking finesse,the same treatment for the high back Mustang but I've seen it get a bit of a pasting in the reviews although Revell thought it good enough to re-box.

Very attractive. Proudly add to your collection.

• Like 1

Good job. :thumbsup:

I also think the parts originate from the Tamiya Mustang. Some years back I built an A and C version by ICM. I ordered them during the pandemic to kill the time at home. One of the boxes had three different colours sprues in it. It looked like someone had collected the required sprues from different boxes from some forgotten warehouse to complete my order. It's pure speculation on my part but if so, it's dedication to deliver from ICM. 

The kit is very basic though, especially compared to the Eduard Mustang I built shortly after. But I had fun none the less 😁

• Like 1

Good job, these ICM Mustangs build into something good. I built the ICM P-51B in RAF markings and with a little care and attention (aka modelling basic skills) was pleased with the end result. Fun too.  I understand that ICM used the 1/48 Tamiya P-51's as "inspiration" to provide kits to the local market at the time, at a price more affordable than Tamiya. There are similarities between the Tamiya and ICM kits, but not the same level of engineering/fit as Tamiya. I felt, that for £12.50  I got a decent kit that was entirely buildable for a decent result. In some respects, this is what modelling truly is, the level of care and attention put into the build, makes the final result. You might have triggered me to hunt out a bargain P-51D.......

• Like 1