Bahamas Airways Grumman Goose

Hi all

With The Bahamas now firmly established as being within the geographical reach of this Group Build (thank you hosts :)), I'm free to enter this little amphibian.

P1140008.jpg

It's a simple, but exquisitely made, white metal kit with PE details and tiny rubber tyres.

It has decals for USN and Bahamas Airways aircraft.

P1140009.jpg

Cheers

• Like 10

Oh dear, a comms breakdown, @CliffB :(. I thought I had said I’d think it over. On checking: “The Bahamas (/bəˈhɑːməz/ ⓘ bə-HAH-məz), officially the Commonwealth of The Bahamas,[12] is a country in North America.” I think I could be on thin ice if I allowed it. However, as there is little more that could be covered from the Bahamas, and providing you keep to the civilian markings, I will welcome it aboard. If I get objections I may have to reconsider.

Good luck! Martin

7 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Oh dear, a comms breakdown,

I'm sorry for any confusion Martin.  I did note your comment, but then I subsequently noticed that the 'qualifying map' in the Rules had been changed (relative to the one in the Chat thread). The revised map still shows The Bahamas (the chain of islands above Cuba), but with their colour now changed to green.  I took that to be your 'green light' (literally :winkgrin:).

I do appreciate your concession to allow the Goose, but I really don't want to dilute your theme in any way.  So I've decided to withdraw this build.  Absolutely no problem.

Cheers

• CliffB changed the title to + Withdrawn entry +
3 hours ago, CliffB said:

I'm sorry for any confusion Martin.  I did note your comment, but then I subsequently noticed that the 'qualifying map' in the Rules had been changed (relative to the one in the Chat thread). The revised map still shows The Bahamas (the chain of islands above Cuba), but with their colour now changed to green.  I took that to be your 'green light' (literally :winkgrin:).

I do appreciate your concession to allow the Goose, but I really don't want to dilute your theme in any way.  So I've decided to withdraw this build.  Absolutely no problem.

Cheers

That is very magnanimous of you, Cliff. Thank you. I really want to be fair and equal to all, naturally. I am sorry if I created a little confusion with the map. To me The Bahamas infringes on the USA to a fair degree which is what I have been determined to maintain as a GB that opens eyes to other possibilities than the stars and stripes. :)

All my best, Martin

• Like 1

Oh dear, Cliff, I just looked at the two maps and I can see your point. I am therefore very happy to include your Goose should you still like to build it within this GB. It would certainly add something a bit different! ;)

Martin

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I am therefore very happy to include your Goose should you still like to build it within this GB. It would certainly add something a bit different!

Agreed! What's Spanish or Portuguese for "vive la différence";) 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 2

• CliffB changed the title to Bahamas Airways Grumman Goose
8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I am therefore very happy to include your Goose should you still like to build it within this GB

Excellent!  Thanks Martin 👍

15 hours ago, CliffB said:

Excellent!  Thanks Martin 👍

Its great to see you stepping aboard again, Cliff :)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Another interesting kit Cliff always something a bit different good luck!

Thanks Steve :)

That looks to be a very nice little (tiny?) kit. I like the markings

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mr T said:

That looks to be a very nice little (tiny?) kit. I like the markings

Thanks Mr T.  Yes, it's pretty small.

P1140012.jpg

If things go to plan. I'll be bringing a couple more 1/200 Caribbean propliners to the party - getting progressively larger ;).

Cheers

• Like 6

On 5/27/2024 at 6:47 AM, CliffB said:

If things go to plan. I'll be bringing a couple more 1/200 Caribbean propliners to the party - getting progressively larger ;).

Excellent, Cliff!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...