Mirage III E Kinetic 1/48

Hi,

Never got round to posting my Mirage III in the RFI section.

Since my last WIP report, I addressed the wheel alignment issue ( no wonder they were out of line as I discovered I never glued them fixed). Since then I also reshaped the nose after I broke the pitot tube and re-attachment looked bad. Hence I did some rigorous material build up on the nose front and reshaped with files and sandpaper to try and blend the masters pitot tube back in. Hopefully it looks acceptable. The WIP report is at the bottom of this post.

Picture heavy

RxBicdK.jpeg

5SNPWQM.jpeg

pIidkJZ.jpeg

SmrBpvc.jpeg

87xZ2x6.jpeg

ZY47Lov.jpeg

bSP0hDY.jpeg

OdmzlyL.jpeg

Lz6MLmU.jpeg

Y2itgjk.jpeg

The WIP report:

Thanks for watching,

Rgds,

Rob

• Like 60
  • Thanks 4

Nicely done.   The Mirage is one of those jets that just looks fast sitting there.   You did a fantastic job capturing the look of this amazing aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great work on the metallics. Looks awesome.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Charles68 said:

Yep, fantastic metal finish!   Ill go back thru the WIP thread and follow up on what you used for paint. 

Hi Charles,

It is AK Xtreme’s Polished Aluminium on gloss black coat ( mr Color GX2 Ueno Black).

Then a protective coat of Alclad Aqua gloss, since the polished Aluminium does rub off quite easily on wings edges when handling. (Better to not use solvent based gloss coats on Polished Alu). After the gloss coat is dry then panels are picked out using different shades of AK Xtreme, Alclad and Mr Color Super Silver and other tones.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rob

Posted (edited)

Hi Rob - I just finished admiring your Starfighter & this Mirage is another lovely job!

Chris

Edited by CJP
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, russ c said:

Beautiful Mirage there Rob, really nice work

Thanks Russ,

Would like to learn how to photograph these models with a scenic backdrop. How do you go about this? You always do an amazing job. 

Thanks @russ c,

Rgds,

Rob

18 hours ago, Rob K. said:

Thanks Russ,

Would like to learn how to photograph these models with a scenic backdrop. How do you go about this? You always do an amazing job. 

Thanks @russ c,

Rgds,

Rob

Hi Rob, the backgrounds are just wall posters ( or bits cut out of ), glued onto card. I take the pictures outdoors, preferably on a slightly overcast day. There`s probably settings on the camera to adjust for the weather but I can`t or can`t be bothered to set them up every time.

Cheers Russ

6 hours ago, russ c said:

Hi Rob, the backgrounds are just wall posters ( or bits cut out of ), glued onto card. I take the pictures outdoors, preferably on a slightly overcast day. There`s probably settings on the camera to adjust for the weather but I can`t or can`t be bothered to set them up every time.

Cheers Russ

Thanks Russ,

I am going to give this a try.

Rgds,

Rob