Vought Kingfisher, USS Texas, Iwo Jima, 1945

Wow, that's impressive. From looking at the first few photos I was sure it was the real thing! A truly great model, well done!

Mark

• Thanks 1

Impressive build as always Russ, I particularly like the weathering.

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

So great to see so much talent after all those years! Kudos Russ!

• Thanks 1

Great piece of work, Russ. You got the maximum out of the old toy!

• Thanks 1

I've built this kit before and have more than a couple in the stash (including the "Hi-Tech" version that actually had some photo etch.)  I know the kit has issues regarding the floats and the cowling.  Cutting edge made a bunch of aftermarket sets to correct the flaws in this kit.  You addressed the float issue and you cannot tell it was modified and that it didn't just come straight from the box.  Just a well done modification.  I've always liked this kit for some unexplainable reason.  I have never seen one built and finished to the high degree you have achieved with this kit.  Just a real beauty.  Thanks for sharing and making me look at the Monogram/Revell kits I have of this model again.

• Thanks 1

Russ,

Just a couple of tweaks! A lovely result for your efforts,

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

Another great addition to your museum in miniature Russ. Someday I need to see it.  Outstanding results as we have come to expect from you. :like:

Mike

• Thanks 1

Another nice build @russ c. I know you are a brush painter and this scheme isn't one that lends itself to brush painting. Well done.

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2024 at 4:36 PM, georgeusa said:

I've built this kit before and have more than a couple in the stash (including the "Hi-Tech" version that actually had some photo etch.)  I know the kit has issues regarding the floats and the cowling.  Cutting edge made a bunch of aftermarket sets to correct the flaws in this kit.  You addressed the float issue and you cannot tell it was modified and that it didn't just come straight from the box.  Just a well done modification.  I've always liked this kit for some unexplainable reason.  I have never seen one built and finished to the high degree you have achieved with this kit.  Just a real beauty.  Thanks for sharing and making me look at the Monogram/Revell kits I have of this model again.

Thanks George, really kind words from you. It`s not quite the best though, catch Michael`s @Toryu build here. Cheers Russ

• Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing your exquisite model with us, she is a thing of beauty. 

• Thanks 1

Incredible work! That is an old kit and you have truly turned into a work of art!

Fantastic modelling! :)

• Thanks 1

Fantastic Kingfisher!  

Done to your (usual) very high standards!

Awesome in every way!  👏👏

• Thanks 1

Very nicely done as always.

I have one hidden away in the stash to do as a yellow wings but am put off by the work needed to correct it.

Duncan B

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2024 at 12:49 PM, russ c said:

Thanks George, really kind words from you. It`s not quite the best though, catch Michael`s @Toryu build here. Cheers Russ

I saw Michael's build and both of your builds are done to a very high degree.  Esthetically, I just like yours a tad bit more.  My comments on Michael's build were spot on when I made them as I think his build is just superb too.  Either build can be used to show what the highest degree of building this kit can get too.  Both are lovely and inspiring.   By the way, I was part of that secret war in Laos, Cambodia, and North Vietnam.  Some things are better left a secret.

• Thanks 1