AMT 1927 Model "T" Ford 1:25 Scale

Posted (edited)

The Ford Model T cars were produced during almost 30 years from 1908, to 1927. With over 15 million units sold the “Tin Lizzie” was the most popular car in history before being surpassed by the Volkswagen Beetle in 1972.

I built my 1927 T-model Ford from a very old AMT kit. The box art displays a vintage police car, so the kit was clearly meant to be built as a constabulary vehicle. It contained all the whistles and bells, helmets, nightsticks, a sawn-off shotgun, etc. No specific painting instructions apart from the box art were given, though.

The quality of the kit,naturally  for being so old, was a far cry from tamigawa accuracy and there was also quite a bit of flash in the parts. However, the fit of the parts was by and large good.

Instead of a police car decided to build the model as a civilian one. I gathered a lot of information and many pictures of the car on the net concerning the details and painting of civilian 1927 T-Fords. On the basis of that info I chose burgundy red for the body colour. The chassis of the car was black as was the convertible roof. I painted those areas with Maston’s gloss sprays. I additionally used several Vallejo and Revell acrylics and enamels for the details.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Einar
same picture twice
  • Like 18

Me neither.  Did you have a problem including them in your post?

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Spiny said:

I hate to say it given that your edit says "same picture twice", but not I can't see any photos.

Hi Spiny,

I really don't know what's happened(?!) Since our colleague Vesa has seen all the photos after you posted your comments I recon the situation should be ok. Sorry about the mess!

Einar 

7 hours ago, Neddy said:

Me neither.  Did you have a problem including them in your post?

Hi Neddy,

I really don't know what has happened(?!) Since our colleague Vesa has seen all the photos after you posted your comments I recon the situation should be ok. Sorry about the mess!

Einar 

6 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Looks really nice. I like this one. Real masterpiece.

Thanks again/kiitos Vesa 

Einar

3 hours ago, Einar said:

Hi Spiny,

I really don't know what's happened(?!) Since our colleague Vesa has seen all the photos after you posted your comments I recon the situation should be ok. Sorry about the mess!

Einar 

Hi Neddy,

I really don't know what has happened(?!) Since our colleague Vesa has seen all the photos after you posted your comments I recon the situation should be ok. Sorry about the mess!

Einar 

All OK now Einar, I suspect your photo host had a bit of a problem that has since been rectified.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Noel Smith said:

Nice to see a very good model of an original vintage Ford Model T that has not been rodded.

Thanks Noel!

Einar

Not sure what it is, but for some reason I can't see the photos here on my PC but I can on my phone - I can only presume that your hosting site doesn't play nicely with Firefox.

Nonetheless, from what I can see on the tiny phone screen this looks like a nicely built model, and I do like that you've done it as the standard roadgoing version.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Spiny said:

Not sure what it is, but for some reason I can't see the photos here on my PC but I can on my phone - I can only presume that your hosting site doesn't play nicely with Firefox.

Nonetheless, from what I can see on the tiny phone screen this looks like a nicely built model, and I do like that you've done it as the standard roadgoing version.

Thanks Spiny,

Einar