Hunter with Firestreaks P1109B - mounting details needed

Are there any details/drawings of the pylons which carried the Firestreaks or were they mounted on the standard pylons?

John

They`ll need to to be a launcher too, the Firestreak missile was cooled by liquid Ammonia when attached to the Aircraft. 

The liquid ammonia was stores in a bottle with in the rear fairing of the launcher.

• John R changed the title to Hunter with Firestreaks P1109B - mounting details needed

No Drawings I am afraid, but the following may be of use :-

Images below from "Hawker Hunter" by F.K.Mason, published by Patrick Stevens Ltd October 1985 and "Hawker Hunter - The Operational Record" by Robert Jackson published by Airlife Publishing Ltd. 1989.  Upper photo caption inserted by Self.

These books may be still available

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Dennis

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Great photos @sloegin57.

About those colours, what colour was the tail exhaust housing and the nose appears to be a different colour as well from the first picture and lastly the demarcation on said nose appears to be different from the bottom picture. Any info ?

Regards

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2024 at 2:16 PM, sloegin57 said:

No Drawings I am afraid, but the following may be of use :-

Images below from "Hawker Hunter" by F.K.Mason, published by Patrick Stevens Ltd October 1985 and "Hawker Hunter - The Operational Record" by Robert Jackson published by Airlife Publishing Ltd. 1989.  Upper photo caption inserted by Self.

Dennis

Dennis, Grovelling apologies. I had failed to acknowlege this and say 'Thank you'. I didn't do so right away and somehow it slipped of the radar, possibly because work has come to a halt on the model (life got in the way)

Thank you

John