The Jump Jet - 1/48 GR.7

Finally back in the land of modelling  - my entry for this GB will be Eduard's reboxing of the Hasegawa GR7 / GR9 Harrier.  As this is the NATO GB it will not be a Harrier based in the MIddle East :) so as not to build build yet another fully grey aircraft I will build one with white or green on it !!  

Onto the starting pictures , all new and packaged up :)

wU5d7g6.jpg?1

tpyodnK.jpg?1

3nwJ6Hp.jpg?1

The included Resin , PE and Decals

mSsfDn5.jpg?1

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands
decreased image size
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The scheme will either be the "Artic Harrier' from the  2004 Snow Falcon Exersize or from 1996 SAOEU  based at Boscombe Down both are 60% LERX units so I do not have to make the decision just yet !

Ot4sHrw.jpg

cjzbV1D.jpg

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands
  • Like 1

1st plastic cut and dry fitting time, to find the 'interesting' joins on the main fuselage. This looks fun ! I see several places where careful manipulation is going to be required 

pmOomYn.jpg

S8RKQ4i.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This weeks update  - glue has been used and paint has been recovered to a usable state and sprayed , 2 years of RL fun not doing any modelling left the paint lids well attached and paint needed a lot of mixing :) , good job I look after my tools better than the paints - the airbrush was in perfect condition !! , not sure about the operator though :)

Main part of the fuselage joined together - some primer put on the main seams to check what extra work will be needed ,  Pegasus intake sprayed whilst easy to get to !! 

k3dCnZB.jpeg

They have a Pegasus intake mounted on the wall at the entrance to 'The Runway Bar' on the top floor of the Hilton Hotel at Heathrow T2 , I took this last month ! 

fjDvff2.jpg?1

AH4CpoG.jpg

Posted (edited)

Back to the modelling - the Office was built - Eduard PE kit that came with the model apart from the foot pedals(you will never see those) was used and some micro krystal clear on the MFD's to look like a screen :)

rYaqp9S.jpeg

Qn3fIkF.jpeg

and I have been working on the exhausts  (I could / should have just got some resin am ones ! )

0TwlcPa.jpg

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands
  • Like 2