Meng 1/35 Husky and Barbadian mine roller .

Finally finished the meng models Husky ..I wanted to complete something different and after finding a few online pictures of the vehicle with a mine roller off I went the project stalled due to lack of information on the roller but after some shall I say interaction with Pearson engineering they came up trumps….

so here it is .mengs kit has been heavily modified to create the spec of the vehicle at the time …BV storage locker was opened a new radio table full radio fit along with boomerang..The roller is scratch built and each wheel has an independent suspension unit which works [no idea why on a static model ] a fun and frustrating build at times but I’m pleased .

the vehicle is depicted on base in the lashkar valley prior to another deployment..spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

That is superb! 👌 

The detailing and roller take this to another level, and the diorama is brilliant. 

Keith 😁 

• Like 1

It's cheating to mix photos of the real thing with your model....oh wait, they're all the model. Wow, that's great work, a super realistic scene recreated in miniature. Along with the immaculate weathering in general it's the little details that elevate it for me, the weathering and colour on the pallets, the newspaper tucked in the seat, the junk in the trailer. The Tesco carrier bag in the compartment is my personal favourite though 😁

• Like 1

Like MRMRL I was thinking, where are the photos of the model rather than photos of the real thing!

Blown away with this model and the scene. Just wow at all the details like mentioned above the Tesco bag 😀

• Like 1

Brilliant build and finish and setting. This is one of the best model scenes I have ever seen. Like the others I thought some were real. Truly brilliant. 🏆

• Like 1

Like some of the comments above, I thought I was looking at your inspiration photos to start with!! Your modelling certainly is an inspiration! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Congratulations on a stunning piece of work,looks very realistic well done 👏