US Army UH-60L - 2007 Iraq

I'm modifying the 1/35 Kittyhawk MH-60S into an Iraqi war vet.    Most of the parts for a UH-60L are in this kit, just had to scratch build the nose and tail missile warning sensors and fill in and rescribe a boat-load of fuselage details.    To make things more interesting, I also added raised rivets, using a combination of .03mm solder balls and Archer's wonderful rivet decals.    Replaced the IP with the Eduards PE version since the kit one has large MFD's instead of the analog gages of the Lima.  Used the Werner's Wings UH-60 detail kit for a bunch of interior details, Reedoak's amazing helmets and helmet bags and WW's floor armor panels, which were mandatory for deployed US Blackhawks.   Also added dozens of scratchbuilt details to the interior. 

zEmQcQQ.jpg

Ea3NicF.jpg

3j2rbAW.jpg

KiIFU4N.jpg

Inlet sand filters which will be added to my helo later in the build. 

spes1Z9.jpg

Rivets, rivets and more rivets.   Can't believe KH just opted to go with recessed "divots" for this kit.   Just doesn't look right. 

oXLTCCh.jpg

Decals on (using the Werner's Wings UH-60 decal set).

UqjKHH5.jpg

JrLP4pb.jpg

lUUJaRY.jpg

LDcLqes.jpg

That's it for now....

• Like 11

Liking the interior and the tail boom riveting, very effective...

I have an Alaskan Rescue ship on hold, I was hoping to get details of the rescue gear in the cabin but nothing yet!

Colin

Posted (edited)

Weathering and final assembly continues.   

Cargo doors had the windows removed to try to keep the temperatures down in the summer.   

Fo7RApG.jpg

heB9v8d.jpg

b73kedJ.jpg

Added a simulated coating of "Pro Seal" sealant around the co-pilot;s overhead window and the CWMS sensor housings on the nose.   This nasty stuff was very roughly applied usually with a popsicle stick or the poor crew chief's finger. 

o3OJhnl.jpg

Edited by 11bravo
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Progress continues.   Added some small bits here and there, also added the inlet sand filters which Yellow Cab was sporting circa 2007. 

RCU0wrW.jpg

T8xIos9.jpg

BIhwMYI.jpg

I0V76SB.jpg

• Like 10

Coming together, looking good...

Colin

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update.    Added a bunch of small parts.  Also added the chaff/flare dispsensers, along with their electrical wiring.    

8pdPqvk.jpg

SgGiVad.jpg

hYftbJK.jpg

YLMgJ9N.jpg

• Like 5

That is one impressive build! 😲

I do like the detailing and weathering effects .... very good! 👌 

Keith 😁 

• Thanks 1