Savoia-Marchetti S.55 Torpedo Bomber

Here all.

Here is my recently completed build of a Savoia-Marchetti S.55 Torpedo Bomber of the Regia Aeronautica Italiana using the Dora Wings kit in 1/72 and was built as part of the World War 2 Twins GB. Built out of the box with only a figure and rigging added and mounted on a sea base.

Build log here: 

20240415-112851.avif

20240415-113009.avif

20240415-113032.avif

20240415-113140.jpg

20240415-113200.avif

This thing is big for me, taking the space of 4-6 of my 'normal' sized subjects...

Stuart

• Like 36

Very nice, Stuart! I like that. And who thought that the French had the monopoly on ugly ;)... Nah, just kidding, she is beautiful :)

Martin

• Like 1

Impressive build of an impressive flying boat (in the true sense of the word). What a fancyful concept! It looks like a lot of fun to replicate it as a model. I like the open engines with the mechanic.

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

ugly

Cheers Martin, much appreciated and yes, I consider this variant ugly too but I think that it's just the boring grey, now a pretty red one...

51 minutes ago, Toryu said:

open engines with the mechanic.

Thanks for the praise. I think it was the engines that attracted me to this kit. And to think that if there were any inflight engine issues, the poor mechanic had to get up there and fix it!

Stuart