I dug through the stash and found the Williams Bros Boeing 247 kit.

53646642438_c5e74c30e5_b.jpg

53645548987_da422b60f8_b.jpg

I am not a fan of either scheme in the kit, the racer or flight test article. I will see if I can find some other decal options on the net.

• Like 14

Looking forward to seeing this go together and a decor solution. The original "anodised aluminum" finish is a tricky conundrum to figure out with paint, I'll be interested to see what you come up with, what ever way you choose to go with this 👍

• Like 1

Nice choice Ray.

How about Roscoe Turner's 247D which finished 2nd behind DH-88 Grosvenor House in the 1934 MacRobertson Trophy London to Melbourne Air Race?

Have a look and see what you think:

NASM Boeing 247D

Phil.

Posted (edited)

I have the remains of my Williams sheet with the basics for Turner's plane (no flags or "nip and tuck" details were supplied) 

20240503_124848

Past their best but the yellowness is on the backing rather than the decals. 

You're welcome to them if any use to you. 

Also there's a Micro Scale sheet with 3 options but may be long out of production 

20240503_124716

20240503_124703

Unfortunately, I tried a couple of the red stripes and they just disintegrated. 

I abandoned any thoughts of doing the colourful United scheme because those red lines are supposed to curve around the sweeping blue shapes that are masked and painted!! No chance, even with a functional decal sheet 🫣

If a scan is any use, let me know 👍

Edit, ah I just noticed that you have the Turner option on your sheet already, in much better condition than mine 😃

Edited by rob Lyttle
Addition
  • Like 2

Oops, sorry Ray. Didn't realise the racer option in the kit is the Turner machine.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

A great choice Ray.

I've a vague recollection that your kit used to reside in my stash.  Do you recall, is that right?

Cheers

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

A great choice Ray.

I've a vague recollection that your kit used to reside in my stash.  Do you recall, is that right?

Cheers

Cliff, I can't recall where I got it, you may be right!

(it is still sitting on the to start pile :blush: )

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I won't make a start on this, we are headed to the Europe/UK for a holiday and attendance at RIAT in three weeks and the GB ends while we are still in the UK.

I have other builds I need to finish up before heading off so the bench queue is full at the moment.

• Sad 3