Soviet/Russian AGM guided weapons

Looking for suggestions for a Soviet/Russian guided air to ground weapon (preferably missile but I'm open to ideas) that would fit in a 1/72 3cm/1.25 inch weapons bay.  Think this means something just over 200 cm or under 7 ft.  Everything that I think looks interesting is about double that.  Something from the 1980's through modern.

The book by Viktor Markovsky, Konstantin Perov "Soviet Air-to-ground missiles". It's in Russian, but a Google translator should help.

On the last 14 pages there is a table with the characteristics of the missiles. In the table, the first row is diameter, the second row is length.

https://litmir.club/br/?b=285417

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Pappy said:

KH-31

Pappy

That one was my first choice as a weapon, except it is twice as long as the bay I need it to fit into, at 4.7-5.3m/15-17 ft....As the bay in 1/72 is only 3cm, it would have to be about a 2.1m weapon.

Maybe I need to look into smart bombs instead?

Edited by Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MiG-Mech said:

For which plane exactly ?

Did / could you check Harpia's "Russia's Air-launched Weapons" ?

lol...well...it's for the fictional-yet-really-neat-looking MiG-37.  Making it a bit more plausible.  Trouble is, I can't lengthen the bay, as it completely fills the space between the nosewheel bay and mainwheel bays, with absolutely no space in between the latter to go through. 

Was going to add a couple small under-shoulder bays for defensive AAMs, but still the question of the main payload, without which the design has no purpose.

Tried looking at Dmitriy's site, but can't get it to translate, for some reason. 

I don't have the Harpia book, for one project.  I've been searching the entire Kh missile series without any luck.  Almost wondering if I should leave the bays open and empty now....

Edited by Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy

They write about the Mig-37 that "On board it had 30 mm cannons, R-23 air-to-air missiles, as well as modern X-28 and X-25 projectiles and aerial bombs, even by current standards. "

3 hours ago, Dmitriy1967 said:

They write about the Mig-37 that "On board it had 30 mm cannons, R-23 air-to-air missiles, as well as modern X-28 and X-25 projectiles and aerial bombs, even by current standards. "

Yep, makes it all the more fun :D 

Basically, I need something roughly AGM-65 Maverick sized.  Not a huge punch, I know.  If not missile, then precision bomb for sure.

Weeeell, 

Since this is fictional why not just cut the middle out of the KH-31 to make a stubby variant KH-31K ('короткий' - 'Short') 🤔

Pappy

• Like 3

On 4/3/2024 at 7:50 PM, Pappy said:

Weeeell, 

Since this is fictional why not just cut the middle out of the KH-31 to make a stubby variant KH-31K ('короткий' - 'Short') 🤔

Pappy

What I was thinking too. 

There is another option.

Since you are building in 1/72 why not try searching for 1/144 weapons and see if you can find something that fits?

Pappy

• 4 weeks later...