Missile with a Man-F104 Starfighter STGB so close at 23 and counting

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

sleek and elegant, fast .... very fast, many pilots loved her, ahead of its time, etc, etc

I agree a lot of parallels with the Sopwith Camel, killed a lot of trainee pilots but in the hands of a skilled pilot superb.

12 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

What, just 16 sign ups!!!!!! 

I s’pose I could attempt to make a couple bogus email’s and sign up to the Forum ? Do you think they’d get wise to that ? 😉

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I s’pose I could attempt to make a couple bogus email’s and sign up to the Forum ? Do you think they’d get wise to that ? 😉

Are we putting up too many possible GB proposals and the membership is getting tired of them?  

17 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Are we putting up too many possible GB proposals and the membership is getting tired of them?  

No I don't think so ? But sometimes real life takes over and delays interest for a time. Not a big thing and you still have six months before the bunfight so I don't think you need worry too much. You need 9 in 6 months so 1.5 a month. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

No I don't think so ? But sometimes real life takes over and delays interest for a time. Not a big thing and you still have six months before the bunfight so I don't think you need worry too much. You need 9 in 6 months so 1.5 a month. 

I like your style, Dennis :).

By the way, I still owe you the decal sheet and will, I promise, get it in the post very soon. Sorry for my tardiness :(

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

No I don’t think so. But I do like it when the more esoteric ones gain traction. My one fear is that we end up just going spitfires and me109s. IMHO the best proposals take us out of our default modelling area eg anything but injection or the entropy GBs

@Corsairfoxfouruncle can I sign you up for a star fighter. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marklo said:

My one fear is that we end up just going spitfires and me109s.

I'm with you on that, 100%!!! Too many B-type roundels, balkenkeuze and Star of David for my liking ! ;)

• Like 1

• Marklo changed the title to Missile with a Man-F104 Starfighter STGB 16 and counting
14 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I like your style, Dennis :).

By the way, I still owe you the decal sheet and will, I promise, get it in the post very soon. Sorry for my tardiness :(

No worries the build will still need to go through the bunfight and get dates for next year. 

13 hours ago, Marklo said:

No I don’t think so. But I do like it when the more esoteric ones gain traction. My one fear is that we end up just going spitfires and me109s. IMHO the best proposals take us out of our default modelling area eg anything but injection or the entropy GBs

@Corsairfoxfouruncle can I sign you up for a star fighter. 

I say yes only as a provisional yes. For the very same reasons i noted on page 1 here. 

Im interested but holding off in signing up as I was planning on two 104’s sometime this year. If I cant get to them this build gets one or both. Most likely JASDF in one of the very interesting schemes (Cloud dragon or Sea scheme) and then Canada in the solid green camouflage. I have decals and kits in both scale’s. My dream is to find two F-104A or C’s as I want to do USAF NMF and SEA Camouflage someday. I’ve also never seen a D/G twin seater so those would also be nice to make ?

So yes you may sign me up, just depends on what I can build this year as to what I can build here. Interesting side note as a possibility for Someone to build. The CL-242 was a previous design attempt towards the U-2/TR-1 series.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WeirdWings/comments/kgmgti/the_cl_242_was_an_f104_with_glider_wings_it/?rdt=54006

25 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

So yes you may sign me up

Done, while accepting your provisos. For me 2024 has been a rolling disaster first a heart attack then a broken ankle, so yes I understand your position.

• Like 1

• Marklo changed the title to Missile with a Man-F104 Starfighter STGB 17 and counting
2 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Done, while accepting your provisos. For me 2024 has been a rolling disaster first a heart attack then a broken ankle, so yes I understand your position.

You seem worse off than me currently. I’m sorry that you have to go through this. 

• Thanks 1

Dont know how I missed this one,(actually I do, I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.Too many things going on behind the scenes.But no matter)count me in if you would kind Sir. I have an NF-104A and the an F-104C I want to do in Luftwaffe livery. Who knows, I might just do it as a Zero Length Launch as well.Going to have to do some studyfying on that one.Sorry to hear about the ankle and heart issues. I hope you're doing better. From one old duffer to another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Missile with a Man-F104 Starfighter STGB 18 and counting

Thanks guys. The ankle is pretty debilitating but the result of the heart attack is that I’ve changed my diet, lost a lot of weight and I  feel a lot better than I have in a long time.

• Like 4

• Marklo changed the title to Missile with a Man-F104 Starfighter STGB 19 and counting
Posted (edited)

IMG-0869.jpgSo I was tidying my room today and look what I found. December 1981 btw.

A full fifteen pages on the 104 including four pages of colour schemes. I’ve scanned the whole thing just not sure of the l legalities of posting it here. However apart from acquiring a few kits I am now well set for this GB 😀

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Marklo said:

IMG-0869.jpgSo I was tidying my room today and look what I found. December 1981 btw.

A full fifteen pages on the 104 including four pages of colour schemes. I’ve scanned the whole thing just not sure of the l legalities of posting it here. However apart from acquiring a few kits I am now well set for this GB 😀

If I build it will be either this Canadian scheme or a Japanese aircraft. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Missile with a Man-F104 Starfighter STGB 21 and counting
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Missile with a Man-F104 Starfighter STGB 22 and counting
  • 2 weeks later...

We have passed the tipping point of the year and as the days get shorter the bunfight approaches; this one just has to get over the line, so to the three members that we need to join to get there, what are you waiting for we need more starfighters….

• 3 weeks later...

I have a F-104C to build and the nice Caracal decal sheet.

if I won’t do it for the Vietnam GB I can build it here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Missile with a Man-F104 Starfighter STGB so close at 23 and counting