Model T Ambulance (Revell 1:35)

Hi All,

This will be me. Might be a bit slow as I have a Javelin in the 'Boomer' GB on the go, but might also be a welcome relief between the decals!! :laugh:

53592339880_aac2f05465_k.jpg

53592211229_9bdadff861_k.jpg

• Like 14

It's good to see an example of a crucial but all too often overlooked part of military life.

• Like 1

That's lovely! I got the 1/48 kit from RPM. Want to do something special with it for a 1920 airfield scenery, like an ammunition truck or similar. Good luck with yours

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've made a start on this. Chassis completed in one as it helped with parts alignment . Looks like the rest of it can be build in 'blocks', and put together. Time will tell :wonder:

Pretty sure that fuel tank will be totally lost when complete but I had to paint it anyhow!

53635294023_e38dddb3df_k.jpg

• Like 16

9 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Pretty sure that fuel tank will be totally lost when complete but I had to paint it anyhow!

you know it's there, that's reason enough! good job so far, also like the slight weathering on the engine.

• Thanks 1

It's very satisfying how these vintage vehicles build up (just like the real thing!) 

I've got one of the Miniart vintage trucks lined up for the Ukraine GB and am looking forward to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CliffB said:

It's very satisfying how these vintage vehicles build up (just like the real thing!) 

I've got one of the Miniart vintage trucks lined up for the Ukraine GB and am looking forward to it.

Not that I’ve ever built the real thing, but the  same thing crossed my mind 😀

10 hours ago, raider of the lost part said:

you know it's there, that's reason enough! good job so far, also like the slight weathering on the engine.

Thank you 🙂 I believe the bonnet is removable so had to put a little effort in 😉

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

This has taken a back seat recently as my Dad passed away at the end of April, and my time has been occupied with all the things that brings. However, life moves on so I'm back at the bench and have done a tad more. Hoping to get back to full steam and ensure this one end up in the gallery.

53760010259_c23e00e160_k.jpg

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi All,

This has taken a back seat recently as my Dad passed away at the end of April, and my time has been occupied with all the things that brings. However, life moves on so I'm back at the bench and have done a tad more. Hoping to get back to full steam and ensure this one end up in the gallery.

53760010259_c23e00e160_k.jpg

Sorry to hear this. I hope you're doing ok ? 

• Like 1

Not so bad thanks, Dennis. Knew it was coming but still didn't take the sting out of it. Couple of silver linings and lots of happy memories :smile:

• Like 2

My condolences, I went through the same thing this time last year. It does take a long time to readjust. Glad to see you've been able to get back to the bench.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update. Decals on and small parts ready to be fitted. I need to get some panel wash on, tone out the 'gloss', and apply some light weathering.

The roof is a dry fit else the interior will be lost for good!!

53796366867_698ccd5b6c_k.jpg

Almost ready for the gallery :smile:

• Like 9

That's a fantastic build, Nigel. Great painting and weathering - most real! What colour(s) did you use for the camo?

• Thanks 1

Thanks Toryu, that's kind of you :happy:

The two main colours were Vallejo US Green and Dark Earth. I then used a sand wash and brushed in some pigments for a 'used' effect.

Cheers

• Thanks 1