F-111A front weapons bay ECM pylon photos?

Maybe Jim Rotramel will see this and chime in.  Working on a Hasegawa 1/72 F-111A during Constant Guard in 1972 and am trying to find more/any decent photos or drawings of the pylon used to mount the ALQ-87 ECM pod to the weapons bay door.  Any help would be much appreciated.

I don't have the dimensions only photos.

IMG_3252

If memory serves me at all the aft mount in the Hasegawa kit is close to the length and width of the forward pylon. The pylon is mount on the weapons bay gun enclosure behind panel number 2348 which is the gun exhaust vent door.

F111PanelNoBottom

This is my rendition in 1/48th scale for the forward pylon.

100_9318 100_9317

Also as of late, Reskit has done the aft mount in both 1/72nd and 1/48th scale. Maybe they will do the same for the forward mount. Here is their aft kit.

IMG_4168 IMG_4166 IMG_4165

I am guessing the latest re-release is the same as their original A model kit. I have not compared kits to prove or disprove they are the same. Not much help I know but I used the Hasegawa mount in the forward position on a previous build.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 3

Thanks for the link. I couldn't find it in my references.

Thanks Again

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1

That is some outstanding info there Ron.  I appreciate it.  I've got the rear pylon from Reskit.  It would be nice if they produce a front one, but I don't think I'm going to wait.  Fusion360 to the rescue.

Cameron

• Like 1

Well that is one thing on my wish list is a 3d printer and a good CAD program. This will be a huge learning curve for me and well within the next 14 months or so for sure.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

Hi Cameron,

You were right to identify @Jim Rotramel as a likely source of information; in this ARC Forum thread he's kindly included his scale drawing of the weapons bay, which shows the location and length of the ECM pod pylon.

I too was once keen to add a pylon and pod in that forward location to my Hasegawa Pig (no doubt inspired by @Old Viper Tester's photographs in this thread), but given that Reskit have made such lovely addons for the kit in 1/72, who am I to not utilise the goodness and just mount the pod up aft?

Edited by Andrew
edited to include Keith's F-111D photos
  • Like 1