An easier way to shop for detail upgrades for my kits?

MarkTurner

Hi, I am finding it very time consuming and frustrating to find what detail upgrades kits there are for various kits I have - there seems to be loads of makers and most of the sites are quite tricky to navigate ( Hannants website for example, I find very irritating!! ) Is there a betterway to find stuff? Half the time I dont know what is available so its tricky searching for something you dont know the maker or description of.....For example, I am contemplating maybe getting better ejection seats for my current build.....but where would I start? Its a 1.32 F4G Revell

Any advice welcome! 

30 minutes ago, MarkTurner said:

Hi, I am finding it very time consuming and frustrating to find what detail upgrades kits there are for various kits I have - there seems to be loads of makers and most of the sites are quite tricky to navigate ( Hannants website for example, I find very irritating!! ) Is there a betterway to find stuff? Half the time I dont know what is available so its tricky searching for something you dont know the maker or description of.....For example, I am contemplating maybe getting better ejection seats for my current build.....but where would I start? Its a 1.32 F4G Revell

Any advice welcome! 

I don't know what problems you're having with the Hannants website, I find it very easy to search - for your example, type in phantom in the quick search box, select 1/32 in the side bar, then Aircrat seats and you've got 5 different products in less time than it took me to type this reply.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?product_category_id=0&product_division_id=0&scale_id=953&product_type_id=2573&manufacturer_id=0&sort=0&search_direction=asc&keyword_search=phantom

Scalemates is slightly longer and will give you a wider set of results, some of which might be appropriate and available, some might be OOP, but it will give you an idea of what has been produced and might help in what to go looking for.

Search Phantom in the top right box, then select kits, detail & conversions, 1/32, and type seat in the secondary search box to refine your search

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q=McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II&fkSECTION[]=Kits&fkTYPENAME[]="Detail and Conversion sets"&fkSCALENORMALISED[]="1:00032"&ssearch=seat

or eject in the secondary search box will give a smaller list

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q=McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II&fkSECTION[]=Kits&fkTYPENAME[]="Detail and Conversion sets"&fkSCALENORMALISED[]="1:00032"&ssearch=eject

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

I thought hannants was completely "dead" now? 

You’re thinking of Hattons. The Big H out of Lowestoft is in rude health, and I’ve bought something from them only yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The quickest way to find if there's something available for any kit is to go to scalemates.net - hunt your kit with the search function, and scroll down a bit to a list of related items.  Then you can get on eBay, Hannants etc. to find what you want for as little money as you can :)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

You’re thinking of Hattons. The Big H out of Lowestoft is in rude health, and I’ve bought something from them only yesterday.

Doh..! 

I always get those mixed up, it's the predominantly railway one that's defunct isn't it ?