Guardian of the Holy Land - Mirage IIICJ

Hi all, working on thinning down the stash so I've pulled out the Hobbyboss 1/48 Mirage IIICJ. I also have the Guardians of the Holy Land decal set with all the numbers and squadron insignias a man would ever need.

20240223_134001

20240223_134022

Unsure on which scheme I'll be going for, torn between a camouflage'd 101 squadron aircraft or a NMF 119 squadron Shahak.

Thanks for looking in!

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...

Making a start on this kit, one slight change I'm making is to use one of the AML recce noses I have since I have a few of them. First time using a resin conversion but its just a case of lopping the nose off and fitting the new one.

20240229_231105

Be building this as the camouflaged Bat Squadron Mirage. I cut the major components off the sprues earlier and fit seemed good- one minor grievance though is the sizeable sprue gates along the wings which needed a lot of sanding in order for the sleek wing parts to sit correctly. Hopefully post some progress later on!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Luke1199 said:

Making a start on this kit, one slight change I'm making is to use one of the AML recce noses I have since I have a few of them. First time using a resin conversion but its just a case of lopping the nose off and fitting the new one.

Just remember the space you will be losing for nose weight. Im an over cautious type, and I add weight in all my nose gear builds. Including even when it doesn't really need it. If the resin is hollow thats great, if not can it be hollowed out ? Otherwise most weight should probably go behind the seat/pit ? Of course you can tell me to take a hike if you want. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

If the resin is hollow thats great, if not can it be hollowed out ? Otherwise most weight should probably go behind the seat/pit ? Of course you can tell me to take a hike if you want. 

Thanks for the tip- Its hollow aside from a small camera piece, I should be able to slot some filler in the nose and a little just aft of the cockpit.

• Like 1