1/72 Airfix Vampire T.11, 14 Sqn. RNZAF

53538386445_0be008e117_b.jpg

53537085117_b512e3d90f_b.jpg

53537966471_b7d7e3d191_b.jpg

53537085492_cf430fd507_b.jpg

53537966896_dc1920e7ae_b.jpg

This is the Airfix 1/72 Vampire T.11, representing NZ5710 in service with 14 Sqn. RNZAF.

I began with the starter kit boxing, but added some leftover stencils from the RAF CFS scheme in the standard boxing- not entirely accurate, but it was very underdetailed without them!

Painted mainly in Tamiya XF-16 acrylic, standing in for high speed silver dope. A touch of white was added for a few panels as per reference.

A lovely kit to work with, the WIP is here:

• Like 50
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LDSModeller said:

Very Nice RNZAF Vampire :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing your model with us

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan! I have a Blunty threatening to land on my workspace at some point soon to keep the theme going.

19 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Sweet Bro! 😎 

Chur!

16 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Very nice looking model. Excellent paintwork.

Thank you! The finish came out a little grainier than I would have liked, but some buffing with an old t-shirt helped a lot. I really wanted to simulate HSS dope rather than just aluminium metal, so I’m pleased with the final effect. One of those ‘one day’ models in my stash is a 1/72 Valiant I’d like to do in the same finish..

Another nice one.  Like the subtle weathering.  I have one of these in my stash to be build in Irish Air Corps (IAC) colours.  Yes I found the decals too!  I will take loads of inspiration from your example.

Regards

Colin

On 2/21/2024 at 8:02 AM, Philly1860 said:

Another nice one.  Like the subtle weathering.  I have one of these in my stash to be build in Irish Air Corps (IAC) colours.  Yes I found the decals too!  I will take loads of inspiration from your example.

Regards

Colin

Hi Colin, thank you! I would be interested in modelling an IAC example sometime. Are the decals you found still in print?

@bigbadbadge

@Matthew1974

@stevehnz

@Billy54

Thanks very much for the kind words.

• Like 2