Choice of best 1/48 F-4E Phantom II

TALAKS

I have the ZM F-4G and the molded on belly re-enforcing strap looks really good so I'm happy to stay with the ZM F-4E, hopefully they will have two boxings, early F-4E that were upgraded with the slatted wing and therefore had the belly strap like the F-4G and new build slatted wing that had a thicker belly panel and didn't require the strap like the F-4F.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion, it's too easy to say meng or ZM. Supposed that you can still find an Hasegawa, meng and even more zm cost almost twice. I personally do not accept things like ZM that, although so expensive, misses some features in it like slats or so. I built one G maybe Hasegawa 30 years ago and I have an RF still to make using the great  israelian marks from an italeri. The hase looks wonderful to me. And I spent for it around 32€ last year. A zm comes for no less than 90€, so comparison are quite inadequate. Ciao

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 1/48 Fujimi, ZM, Hasegawa, Tamiya, and Academy kits.  All are decent.  If you are a rivet counter - all have their faults.  I built a Fujimi F-4E kit years ago that took a prize for a model in its class.  That model needed a lot of work but looked pretty decent after some love.  I have built 4 Hasegawa F-4 kits.  The Hasegawa kits are nice, look good and the more times I build those kits the easier they become.  I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the models, they all will look great if done well.

To be honest, the 1/48 (more like 1/50) Fujimi F-4s are not even decent kits. I wouldn't touch it, even if I got paid to build it. 

Jens