ICM 1/35th CH-54 Tarhe with cargo/medical pod by PeteH1969.

Hi there, I'm new here, but not new to modeling.    I have built many kits over the last 50 years, but I just started a subject that is new to me, but one I built as a kid..   The CH-54 Tarhe.  The one I built in the 70's was the Revell kit I believe.  And probably 1/72nd scale.

When I saw this kit I just had to get one, but noticed that it did not come with the cargo/hospital pod, like the Revell kit did.   So I started searching the internet and came up with two, One on CGTrader, and then I found this thread:  HERE   I reached out to Pete and he gladly sent me the files.  I have four 3D printers, 2 SLA and 2 PLA.   This was perfect for SLA 

Here are some pics of my progress so far:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here are the individual pieces of his model.  There are two copies here:

spacer.png

spacer.png

And the body shell pieces:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pete's model is INSANELY GOOD!   Better than I could have probably done, and I'm pretty good.

There are 4 main pieces to the shell, plus the end cap, and the ramp.  Not including wheels and doors.

What I did was make two halves, and I will build out the interiors, and then slide it in and glue them together, then paint the outside the finish coat.  They were only used in combat in Viet Nam, so they can be pretty banged up.

Thanks again PeteH1969 and your two are on the way!...

Edited by mclare
Pic resize
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2