Hasegawa 1/24 Mini ERA Turbo

Combined the recent new tool Rover Mini from Hasegawa with the C1 models ERA Turbo conversion. The C1 set is very comprehensive with a full interior and beautifully printed grille and wheels. The body kit has dovetail joints, so you have to think carefully about the gluing sequence!

The only other details I've added are, seat belts, replacing the aerial mast with thinner wire and making the bonnet badge from plastic card.

Painted with Rover Caribbean  Blue, not a factory option but, well, I really liked the colour 😉

Stig is just about to take it for a quick hoon....

p?i=fedb212f9fa2ab0d40223118f8683f88

p?i=f9fdc262cc015e971be265cc8ef1ad3b

p?i=b37e48e56ad279829e9f1d08c2bdffb8

p?i=96740f1eb74b51b0f2d964f8e0baf89b

Atb, Steve.

• Like 32

That's a stunner Steve - love it!!

17 hours ago, triumphfan said:

not a factory option

Well the car isn't how it came out of the factory either! And it's a beautiful colour!!

I do wish C1 would do a GT/clubman transkit...!!

Top work!

Keith

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Davi said:

It seems to have an excellent finish around details like window trim etc.

Thanks Davi, the kit is really quite good. The screen rubbers are moulded as part of the screen, Hasegawa supply mask for painting. The screen rubbers also have a recess moulded in so that the silver decals for the filler strip can sit in it. It is a bit fiddly but can look good if you're careful.

41 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I do wish C1 would do a GT/clubman transkit...!!

You and me both Keith. I know Chris at C1 is busy on a project at the moment. Unfortunately it's not a Mini this time (but British though 😉)

I often wonder who will be first to gift us a Clubbie? C1, USCP or Motobitz 😊

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Potsie said:

I was not sure on the C1 Models transkit, but now I am. Wow.

It is top quality stuff Postie. I also have the Zeemax kit, can't wait to get on with it. Need to finish a few other projects first.

I was curious to know how well these built up, and I see there is obviously an option to delete the oversized Japanese front number plate carrier, so that's good. The colour is perfect, original or not. I expected the body would have a pin stripe but checking stock images it shows they didn't. Must have been about the only 1980s Minis not to have a stripe of some sort! 

Top work. 

• Thanks 1

That is a beautifully finished model.  Love the attention to the smaller details.  The C1 kit is evidently very good.

Trevor

• Thanks 1

Very nice build and excellent paint job and colour choice :) 

I can't help but think how much these body kits really spoilt the classic mini lines though, but It obviously appealed to some people :) 

If we all liked the same looking things though, wouldn't the world be a boring place

Ian :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great job on this conversion, looks really cool! The colour reminds me of the blue/green on some Jaguar XJ220's. I have not yet build a conversion kit using C1 material. But I know their customer service is spot-on. I purchased a Koenig Specials Ferrari 308 body kit some years ago. Last year I considered starting the project before I found out the C1 resin parts had shrinked. I contacted them and they told me they had resin shrinking issues in the early years, and replaced the whole set with a new one!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TommyOneTwoFour said:

Great job on this conversion, looks really cool! The colour reminds me of the blue/green on some Jaguar XJ220's. I have not yet build a conversion kit using C1 material. But I know their customer service is spot-on. I purchased a Koenig Specials Ferrari 308 body kit some years ago. Last year I considered starting the project before I found out the C1 resin parts had shrinked. I contacted them and they told me they had resin shrinking issues in the early years, and replaced the whole set with a new one!

It certainly is good stuff. Chris at C1 is a great guy to deal with, I've built 3 of his MGB GT trans kits and also have the Zetec body kit for the Hasegawa Mini Cooper. Looking forward to getting that at the bench 😊

Atb, Steve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, triumphfan said:

It certainly is good stuff. Chris at C1 is a great guy to deal with, I've built 3 of his MGB GT trans kits and also have the Zetec body kit for the Hasegawa Mini Cooper. Looking forward to getting that at the bench 😊

Atb, Steve.

Zetec?  Don't you mean Zeemax?

Trevor

2 hours ago, klubman01 said:

Maybe this picture of my Zeemax Mini will provide a spot of inspiration.

That's lovely.

And, coincidentally, I intend to do my model in blue.  Candy blue for mine though.

Atb, Steve.

27 minutes ago, triumphfan said:

That's lovely.

And, coincidentally, I intend to do my model in blue.  Candy blue for mine though.

Atb, Steve.

Thanks very much Steve.  Mine is Peugeot China Blue with Rover Platinum Silver on the roof and wheels.

Trevor

• Like 3