Fujimi Koenig Specials Porsche 911 Biturbo

This is Fujimi’s model of the Koenig Specials Porsche 911 Biturbo (kit #12004 / RS-04). I built this completely out-of-the-box, using Tamiya’s TS-95 Pure Metallic Red over Tamiya Pink primer and adding home-made number plates. Though simple, or maybe due to this, the build was easy and pleasurable. Something a little different on the shelf and soon to be joined by the Koenig Specials Porsche 928 S4. For some reason a certain song by Sir Mix-a-Lot keeps coming to mind….

Grant.

53452695763_4426d80163_o.jpg

53452890554_06f638545c_o.jpg

53451644282_50ced90fcc_o.jpg

53452890574_77072b5c42_o.jpg

53452695778_476f51e27f_o.jpg

53452990945_29c54d51e0_o.jpg

• Like 21

I've never been a fan of the scoop, but it does look different and that is one very nice paint job!

Lovely colour, great paintjob, very tidy model of an ugly car.... :)

Never been a fan of how Koenig ruined good looking cars - just my opinion of course....!! 🤣

Keith

@keefr22 people are still making beautiful cars ugly to try and replicate the “Koenig” method 😂 they just use LED’s now hahaha. Honestly this is an interestingly attractive car. Can garish, and attractive be used as a compliment in the same sentence?

13 hours ago, Jbourne124 said:

@keefr22 people are still making beautiful cars ugly to try and replicate the “Koenig” method 😂 they just use LED’s now hahaha. Honestly this is an interestingly attractive car. Can garish, and attractive be used as a compliment in the same sentence?

I remembered the Japanese were very taken by Koenig designs. The High Society and Bosozoku  style late 80s cars with their wide bodykits were influenced by Koenig.

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive responses. I am currently building the Fujimi Koenig 928 S4. Hopefully will have it finished and posted soon, even if the body colour has not gone according to plan....