Zvezda 1/72 KamAZ-5350 exhaust question

cicarista

Very happy to see Zvezda make 1/72 KamAZ trucks.

However, I have a question about exhaust...

What version is this exhaust fitted on?

26bt5l7-Pk18.jpg

All 5350 models have this one:

ispuh-01.jpg

And earlier models (43114) had "mushroom" exhaust:

kamaz-43114-02.jpg

1 hour ago, Dmitriy1967 said:

I am not a big expert in cars, but such exhaust is often found in KAMAZ-53504.

You are right about KAMAZ-53504.

But still no 5350 with that kind of exhaust and I think that would have been way better solution for this kit.

• Like 1

It’s not an exhaust but the air filter, the exhaust run under the chassis and exits on the right side behind the fuel tank, the air filter will be dependant on the environment and workload.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old pro said:

It’s not an exhaust but the air filter, the exhaust run under the chassis and exits on the right side behind the fuel tank, the air filter will be dependant on the environment and workload.

Thank you for clarification. 

Just wish Zvezda made the one air filter that is used more commonly. 

1 hour ago, cicarista said:

Thank you for clarification. 

Just wish Zvezda made the one air filter that is used more commonly. 

Seems to be a hold over from the 1/35th kit, which is probably an earlier variant, Russia is notorious for upgrading things quietly, however if you wanted the other exhaust Lee models is also releasing a set of Kamaz 5350 trucks which seem to have the air filter you want.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Old pro said:

Seems to be a hold over from the 1/35th kit, which is probably an earlier variant, Russia is notorious for upgrading things quietly, however if you wanted the other exhaust Lee models is also releasing a set of Kamaz 5350 trucks which seem to have the air filter you want.

Thanks, I ordered Armory of Ukraine KamAZ-43114 truck, and it has "correct" filter so I'll try to copy that one ;)

9 hours ago, modelldoc said:

I saw the LEE kits on Henk of Hollands website.

Who knows more and where we can buy the kits?

modelldoc

As far as I am aware, they are still future releases so you’ll have to wait

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cicarista said:

Thanks, I ordered Armory of Ukraine KamAZ-43114 truck, and it has "correct" filter so I'll try to copy that one ;)

That’s mighty brave of you😂not had the best experiences with ARMORY kits.

10 hours ago, Old pro said:

That’s mighty brave of you😂not had the best experiences with ARMORY kits.

hehe, it looks alright and it's injected plastic, not the usual resin...

13 hours ago, cicarista said:

hehe, it looks alright and it's injected plastic, not the usual resin...

I have had their Pantsyr and ZSU 23 4 kits, as well as some of their 1/144 aircraft kits, fitting has been less than ideal. They would be nicely engineered for expensive steel moulds unfortunately they are short run. Best advice is take your time and lots of test fitting.

18 hours ago, modelldoc said:

Find out on scalemates, that the Lee kits are snap togehter kits. That is not a problem for me, these models too snap kits:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21603181@N08/52751287579/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21603181@N08/52617250984/in/dateposted/

modelldoc

No doubt that Zvezda will be the most detailed of the two, but given their slow release of any variants and that Lee offer 5 variants you can either cross kit or given the rising cost of Zvezda kits just spruce up the Lee variant’s. I am not opposed to using click together kits to get what I want😁

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 8:26 AM, Old pro said:

I have had their Pantsyr and ZSU 23 4 kits, as well as some of their 1/144 aircraft kits, fitting has been less than ideal. They would be nicely engineered for expensive steel moulds unfortunately they are short run. Best advice is take your time and lots of test fitting.

I had Armory Pantsir as well, but sold it the minute Zvezda released their Pantsir.

Never got to actually building Armory kit...

Now I will only use Armory parts to complement Zvezda kits... Should be alright...

4 hours ago, Old pro said:

No doubt that Zvezda will be the most detailed of the two, but given their slow release of any variants and that Lee offer 5 variants you can either cross kit or given the rising cost of Zvezda kits just spruce up the Lee variant’s. I am not opposed to using click together kits to get what I want😁

Kit-bashing is the way :)

7 hours ago, cicarista said:

I had Armory Pantsir as well, but sold it the minute Zvezda released their Pantsir.

Never got to actually building Armory kit...

Now I will only use Armory parts to complement Zvezda kits... Should be alright...

Unfortunately I got mine before Zvezda announced theirs, attempted to build it, was a nightmare, soon got sidelined when Zvezda released theirs, apart from the wheels and some of 5he PE there is not a lot to use.

7 hours ago, cicarista said:

Kit-bashing is the way :)

May be not the way to go, apparently there is going to be a deluxe version of the Lee kit

spacer.png

it would also appear that all 3 versions of the air filter are valid as are the windows in the rear of the cab, some do and some don’t