Polaris MRZR-D4 Royal Marines.

magman2

Polaris MRZR-D4 Royal Marines.

Magic Factory 1/35.

This is a great kit, you get two vehicles and the trailer.

Nice to see another special forces vehicle I am sure (Mike Bootneck) will enjoy this kit.

spacer.png

Royal Marines MRZR-D4 Joint Forces Exercise.
spacer.png
Net Photo (MoD)

Edited by magman2
Mike updates not RN
  • Thanks 1

RM and SF use the same basic vehicle as the kit but the equipment fits are a bit different.  The one with the anti-drone device is a bit niche and not much use for anything else.  But someone enterprising might use it to cut down to the SWB 2-seater version originally used by SF.

5 hours ago, magman2 said:

Polaris MRZR-D4 Royal Marines RN.

Magic Factory 1/35.

This is a great kit, you get two vehicles and the trailer.

Nice to see another special forces vehicle I am sure (Mike Bootneck) will enjoy this kit.

I didn't know about this kit but it will be on my shopping list.  Just a small point about the heading,  Royal Marines are not in the Royal Navy.  Both the RM and RN are deparments of the Admiralty.

Thanks for posting the images. 

cheers,
Mike

• Like 1

• magman2 changed the title to Polaris MRZR-D4 Royal Marines.
3 hours ago, bootneck said:

I didn't know about this kit but it will be on my shopping list.  Just a small point about the heading,  Royal Marines are not in the Royal Navy.  Both the RM and RN are deparments of the Admiralty.

Thanks for posting the images. 

cheers,
Mike

I Have updated the post deleted RN 🥴

The RZR came first.  Civilian fun/work buggy.  Rapidly taken up by militaries.  Then came MRZR for military use.  There is a 2-seater MRZR, which again came first: the 4-seater came later  UKSF definitely had the 2-seaters a few years ago and presumably still do.  RM have the 4-seater and I believe that SF do too now.  Whether the new Army Ranger Regiment or the Paras will get them remains to be seen.  Polaris have created something of a monster here.  Everyone seems to want this thing, from Sweden to New Zealand.  There's a lot of mileage in kits of these, and fertile after-market territory.  There has been a resin MRZR kit for a while (Airborne Miniatures?) but expensive and hard to find.

MRZR 2-seater bare.

spacer.png

MRZR 4-seater bare

spacer.png

Comparison.  With the anti-drone version in the kit not having the rear seats its usefulness is limiterd, but it could be shotened.

spacer.png

And the very different and larger MRZR-A has been bought by USMC and presumably others will follow.

spacer.png

You can have this one with tracks...........

spacer.png

Polaris are upscaling yet again with the DAGOR as armies want to carry even more kit.  This one will take a 0.50"/12.7mm gun ring.  Romania has already bought some.  This one is less of a buggy now and more of a "Jeep".

spacer.png

Remind me of the payload weight again..........

spacer.png

Edited by Kingsman
Bad spelling!
  • Like 2

Unfortunately driving around in this Souped-up golf buggy can be very dangerous.

The  Ukrainian  Forces use the 2 seat version, it could be civilian I’m not sure ?

they have been successful with their own anti-Armour missile attached to these vehicles. Using Hit and run tactics. All the versions mentioned in this thread are extremely vulnerable if the enemy are able to engage and fire on them.

Ukrainian Polaris vehicles with missiles attached.

spacer.png

The aftermath of Discovery 

spacer.png

Net Photos 

Don't know what those are.  Not Polaris and not Honda or John Deere.  Ukraine is snapping up all sorts of stuff.  There is a new local design which may be called "Erofy", unless that's their general name for light ATVs.  It's a bit crude and is apparently made by volunteers.

spacer.png

Ukrainian manufacturer Eleek already makes electric off-road motorcycles which are almost silent and which ATGW teams and recce drone operators have been using successfully.  Eleek is working on an electric ATV now.  3hr charge for up to 150 miles at up to 35mph.  Weighs only 240kg.

spacer.png

The Russians are tapping up their Chinese "friends without limits" for these Desertcross 1000's.

spacer.png

• Like 1