Adrian's 1/72 Blenheim mk I F190

15 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

AaCee, just to show you were absolutely right, Thanks 😊

Thanks for you too as well as Mikko! :D

Especially that rear view is interesting. I haven't seen such before,

Cheers,

AaCee

• 4 weeks later...

A bit more work today. Added a bit of plasticard just to blank off the view from the nose back into the aircraft

Fhv

The turret that comes with the kit is a bit pointy and frankly embarrassing. I managed to grab a flatter top one from the parts box and adapt the turret base to fit

Fhv

I had to open the hole a bit and dry fitted the assembly so that it could be in the semi-retracted position as seen in the photograph a few posts back

Fhv

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to get the fuselage together

Ghf

And a bit of Milliput on the floats. It was feeling a bit odd so got the best shape and will then dremel the bejeezers out of it

Ghf

• Like 6

The reason the Milliput felt a bit odd id because it was the wrong mix. I have a bunch of Milliputs on my workbench and combined two of the same type components and as a result it didn't cure !

Hgfj

Now literally wiped off and ready for round two. Just popping by my LMS to pick up a fresh batch

F  hi r th j

• Sad 6

Hopefully this Milliput sets. Hopefully it will then be grindeable

Cgh

Time to stick wings on too. Would like to get this done by my club's meeting at the end of the month

Cgh

• Like 6

Wings and tail on and a bit of puttying. I have measured the wingspans on the 1/72 kit is 240mm which makes it N.A.D 1/72 scale. The 1/79 is 218mm which is N.A.D.  1/79 scale. 

Guhg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the span check. I didn't appreciate that the parts breakdown is different between the two kits; the 1/72 kit wings extend into the fuselage, whereas the 1/79 kit wings join on to stubs outboard. So that's why the smaller kit wing looks so much shorter.

It all makes sense now! And it's nice to see them both getting there.

Regards,

Adrian

Some Progress

Ghgh

I once had a friend called Trevor wo used to bark. He was obsessed with German warplanes and learnt the term "bifurcated inlet" - it was amazing how often he used to slip the term into conversation

Hfhg

• Like 2

BREAD ROLLS said AaCee, Adrian told me Blenheims had both moveable and fixed skis and Mikko at the Finnish Aviation Museum provided me with an excellent picture of one

Ghgh

Ghgh

They are both about 1 1/2 inches long. Now going out for some fresh air and sun before I turn into a complete looney

• Like 5